Round 2 in the SEC- Thursday's Matchups

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WHAFightingSaints

Round 2 in the SEC- Thursday's Matchups

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

We have reached the halfway point; it’s time for round 2. (Minus WBL & Park, they have yet to play an earlier cancelled game)

White Bear Lake at Hastings
Hastings could to Stillwater a favor by knocking off the undefeated leaders and keeping things somewhat close. The first time around was a tough 2-1 win for the Bears. After being stingy defensively early in the season Hastings has given up 20 goals in the past 3 games, not a good time to be facing the conference’s top offensive team. Both teams bring an outstanding top line. Look for White Bear to stay undefeated.

Cretin at Stillwater
A pivotal game for the Ponies, a must win if they are going to try and stay close to White Bear. Stillwater found some offense on Saturday scoring a season high 7 goals while the Raiders offense has tailed off a bit. Better goaltending and defense by Stillwater should lead them to an important win.

Roseville at Woodbury
Roseville proved they can play with the best in the conference on Saturday, now they have to prove they can beat the teams behind them starting with Woodbury. The Royals with a win would jump ahead of the Raiders into third place. Woodbury is becoming a dangerous team to SEC foes as they mature, Roseville, without a player in the top 20 in scoring will rely on 3 solid lines, outstanding defense and goaltending to win this game.

Park- Cottage Grove at Forest Lake
Forest Lake’s ailing offense should get a boost against the ailing defense of the Wolfpack. The Rangers scored a season high 8 goals the last time these two met, Park is capable of putting some offense together, however Forest Lake will keep the Wolpack winless in the conference.

East Ridge at Mounds View
East Ridge seems to be playing with more consistency right now than the Mustangs. The Raptors have been in every game for the last two weeks with wins against similar teams and close losses to teams ahead of them. Mounds View has been up and down, keeping it close against the better teams and faltering against others. East Ridge came away with a 1 goal win last meeting; expect a tight win for the visitors.

Standings:
1 White Bear Lake 15 points (game in hand also)
2 Stillwater 13
3 Roseville 11
4 Woodbury 10
5 Cretin 9
Forest Lake 9
7 Hastings 8
8 Mounds View 7
9 East Ridge 6
10 Park- Cottage Grove 0
gophs1616

Post by gophs1616 »

I agree with your predictions. If the Ponies put Cretin on the powerplay like they have the previous two games they will not win the game. Look for Defiel to have a big game. Its redemption time for him.
WHAFightingSaints

Cretin at Stillwater game to be webcast on http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/prepzone
sportsguy29

Post by sportsguy29 »

Hastings vs White Bear Lake heard at:

www.kdwa.com

:)
WHAFightingSaints

After 1
Roseville 1
Woodbury 0
Shots 13-11 Roseville
WHAFightingSaints

After 2
Roseville 2
Woodbury 1
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Hastings 3 White Bear 2 after 2 periods
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

Hastings 3 White Bear 3 early 3rd period

Bears tie on Jansen PP goal
WHAFightingSaints

Final
Roseville 3
Woodbury 2
Sykes

Post by Sykes »

WHAFightingSaints wrote:After 2
Roseville 2
Woodbury 1
Final
Roseville 3
Woodbury 2

Shots
Roseville 35
Woodbury 36

Very good game by both teams.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

White Bear 4 Hastings 3

about 4 minutes left in the third. The KDWA announcer (I'm listening on internet radio) is very upset. He says the Hastings goalie was literally tackled and held down behind the net as White Bear put the puck in the empty net.
wblhockeyfan8
Location: White Bear Lake, MN. Front row of the student section.

Post by wblhockeyfan8 »

MedleyWR wrote:White Bear 4 Hastings 3

about 4 minutes left in the third. The KDWA announcer (I'm listening on internet radio) is very upset. He says the Hastings goalie was literally tackled and held down behind the net as White Bear put the puck in the empty net.
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, he doesn't so much lean to the Hastings side, it's more like he sprawls out over it. :lol:

I enjoy his services though!
Always celly hard.
MedleyWR

Post by MedleyWR »

White Bear 4
Hastings 3

final
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

wblhockeyfan8 wrote:
MedleyWR wrote:White Bear 4 Hastings 3

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, he doesn't so much lean to the Hastings side, it's more like he sprawls out over it. :lol:

I enjoy his services though!
:D :D that guy was going crazy " this is depressing i feel soooo bad for the goalie" whatta homer
2012 pond hockey All Star
eastside hockey

Post by eastside hockey »

Sykes wrote:
WHAFightingSaints wrote:After 2
Roseville 2
Woodbury 1
Final
Roseville 3
Woodbury 2

Shots
Roseville 35
Woodbury 36

Very good game by both teams.
Not even as close a it looks!
Roseville far outplayed Woodbury. The quality chances were far more for Roseville. This game should not even been this close. As much as i would like to see my Royals win, it is extremely frustrating to see a lack of tape to tape passing. Woodbury looks like a bunch of B2 Bantams smashing the puck up the boards and throwing the puck away. The team continuity should have come a lot further by this time of the season. Very dissapointing ](*,)
On any given night!
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

The Bears barely sneak by Hastings 4-3 in a comeback effort. This doesnt seem to be a good sign for WBL. Seems as if they are going in the wrong direction as we are moving towards the important portion of the season. If anyone was there tonight, what happened, and how did Hastings almost win this one? Birkinbine needs to to start burying goals for this team to have any shot, and I think Sags has to split up 20 and 21.
Who played in the nets for the Bears?
Im hoping I turn out to be wrong, but it feels like the Bears are going to struggle to get by the Semi's in 4AA.
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

mnpuckster wrote:The Bears barely sneak by Hastings 4-3 in a comeback effort. This doesnt seem to be a good sign for WBL. Seems as if they are going in the wrong direction as we are moving towards the important portion of the season. If anyone was there tonight, what happened, and how did Hastings almost win this one? Birkinbine needs to to start burying goals for this team to have any shot, and I think Sags has to split up 20 and 21.
Who played in the nets for the Bears?
Im hoping I turn out to be wrong, but it feels like the Bears are going to struggle to get by the Semi's in 4AA.

Why should he split up wahlin and birkinbine? And schletty was in the net
2012 pond hockey All Star
WHAFightingSaints

Thursday Night Finals

Forest Lake 5
Park Cottage Grove 2

Roseville 3
Woodbury 2

White Bear Lake 4
Hastings 3

Mounds View 4