WBL/Breck

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

formerlybackofnet

WBL/Breck

Post by formerlybackofnet »

Gold division Toilet Bowl, who saves a little face?
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

WBL 5-4
HShockeywatcher

Re: WBL/Breck

Post by HShockeywatcher »

formerlybackofnet wrote:Gold division Toilet Bowl, who saves a little face?
The only team out of these two that needs any face to be saved is WBL.

Breck made it here last year with an amazing senior class last year, winning the Silver Division. Breck played in two games where they were predicted to lose; I doubt many outside of the school thought they'd actually compete. They got beat pretty badly by Hill, but played 46 minutes of very even hockey, shots 20-19 DE.

WBL on the other hand, is the only team to have been in the Gold Division for all 8 years of the tournament, has only been on the loser's side of the bracket twice, and only in this game once.

After watching both teams play yesterday, I would say this will be a very competitive game. That being said, WBL will probably be more competitive next year :?
grinderhockey19

Post by grinderhockey19 »

How many seniors did Breck loose?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I don't think either squad should be invited back, regardless of the outcome.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

grinderhockey19 wrote:How many seniors did Breck loose?
I believe 13
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I don't think either squad should be invited back, regardless of the outcome.
:lol:
hockeyguy09

Post by hockeyguy09 »

Brecks goalie has to play better to give them a chance. Bottom line.
~The Man~
MedleyWR

Bears Win

Post by MedleyWR »

Final Score

White Bear 2
Breck 1
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

starmvp wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:I don't think either squad should be invited back, regardless of the outcome.
I don't think either team should have been invited THIS YEAR! WBL has been an above average team the past 3 years, but certainly not an elite team as they had been in the past, and they don't appear to be one this year either. While Breck had a great team the last two years that probably could have had a chance of winning it but we'll never know as they were in the Silver. But that was then and this in now. This years squad of Mustangs are young, with unproven goaltending, they may do fine against most Class A schools this year and will even have a chance in sections if the team can mature and somehow gel as a unit after this debacle. The coach should have checked his ego this year and kept the team in a division they could have been competitive in. They have already lost more games this year after 8 games than they did last year after 31.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Redlight wrote:
starmvp wrote:
I don't think either team should have been invited THIS YEAR! WBL has been an above average team the past 3 years, but certainly not an elite team as they had been in the past, and they don't appear to be one this year either. While Breck had a great team the last two years that probably could have had a chance of winning it but we'll never know as they were in the Silver. But that was then and this in now. This years squad of Mustangs are young, with unproven goaltending, they may do fine against most Class A schools this year and will even have a chance in sections if the team can mature and somehow gel as a unit after this debacle. The coach should have checked his ego this year and kept the team in a division they could have been competitive in. They have already lost more games this year after 8 games than they did last year after 31.
When has WBL ever been an elite team?
stpaul

WBL

Post by stpaul »

WBL made it to state 9 times in 17 years from 1989 to 2005. They won the Schwan Cup in December 2004. That 04-05 team was the best in the state going into the state tournament at 23-2-3, but got knocked off 3-2 by a 17-11 Duluth East team in the quarterfinals. WBL finished 25-3-3.