Jefferson vs. Centennial rematch 12/30

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Jefferson
75%
Centennial
25%

Total votes: 20

deanertronterry

Jefferson vs. Centennial rematch 12/30

Post by deanertronterry »

Another blowout or will we see a different Centennial team?
shakey

Post by shakey »

Centennial 5-4
outsidelookingin44

Post by outsidelookingin44 »

Another blowout.

Jefferso- 6
Centennial- 1

Centennial couldn't handle Jefferson's speed last time they met and they won't be able to this time.
Fire and Ice

Post by Fire and Ice »

I don't think it was Jeffersons' speed more likely Centennials' goalie have a pretty tough night something like 7 goals in just over a period, then 2-2 the rest of the way. But Jeffersons' still one of the best. Should be a good test for the cougars.
Centennial AA State Champions 2004
theoneandonly1

Post by theoneandonly1 »

Should be much closer this time, I'll still like Jefferson 3-1. Although if the Jags get into penalty trouble this could go Centennials way.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

This should be a much better game than last time (could it get worse?) but I would think Jefferson still wins although I didn't think Centennial would beat Benilde and they won 7-2...so what do I know!

I also wanted to add that at the last meeting between these two, the Jefferson student section was very into the game. Loud, chants...all that good stuff, but I really had to laugh when they did the "Public Schools" chant! I assume they thought Centennial is a private school.
Blaine 2000 State Champs
Centennial 2004 State Champs
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

DoubleDeuce wrote:I also wanted to add that at the last meeting between these two, the Jefferson student section was very into the game. Loud, chants...all that good stuff, but I really had to laugh when they did the "Public Schools" chant! I assume they thought Centennial is a private school.

There were Holy Angels players watching the game. When they left the fans pointed at them and chanted "Public schools!"

I was confused as well, but then I looked around and saw some Star players leaving the rink.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

espnmobile8 wrote:
DoubleDeuce wrote:I also wanted to add that at the last meeting between these two, the Jefferson student section was very into the game. Loud, chants...all that good stuff, but I really had to laugh when they did the "Public Schools" chant! I assume they thought Centennial is a private school.

There were Holy Angels players watching the game. When they left the fans pointed at them and chanted "Public schools!"

I was confused as well, but then I looked around and saw some Star players leaving the rink.
That makes sense. I just assumed the Jefferson students assumed that since Centennial wasn't a school named after a city that they were private. Everybody around me looked confused too. But now it not funny anymore! :lol:
Blaine 2000 State Champs
Centennial 2004 State Champs
cuda701

Post by cuda701 »

updates appreciated
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

cuda701 wrote:updates appreciated
1-0 Jefferson at the end of one period. Faust on the power play just over a minute into the game.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

1-0 Jefferson after 1.

Very high quality hockey. I've watched all 3 of Jefferson's games in this tourney and that was by far their best period. Centennial is holding their own, though they didn't generate any really good chances in that period.
cuda701

updates

Post by cuda701 »

thanks - appreciate updates
cabinfever

Post by cabinfever »

2-1 jags middle of the 2nd
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

2-2 tie after 2 periods. Game got plenty physical in the final half of the period. Lots of finishing checks...better get ready to be hit a step or two after giving up the puck.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Nice job by Centennial to impose their will in the 2nd. They got physical and kept Jefferson from putting together the fluid rushes they had in the 1st.

Still, Jefferson can be its own worst enemy at times. The second Centennial goal came on a 5-on-3.
cuda701

Post by cuda701 »

any updates?
regsharp

Post by regsharp »

cuda701 wrote:any updates?
Centennial wins it in a shootout
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Game ends as a 2-2 tie; Centennial wins the shootout 2-0 and takes the tourney.

Jefferson had their chances on the PP but Centennial weathered the storm.
Jefferson17

Post by Jefferson17 »

Jefferson needs to work on the shootout. Nobody had a clue what to do on either side of the puck. Good game by both team. But nothing beats the Jefferson Student section, full of life, and a little "Sweet Caroline" and "Party in the USA" never hurt a loss. :D
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

Jefferson17 wrote:Jefferson needs to work on the shootout. Nobody had a clue what to do on either side of the puck. Good game by both team. But nothing beats the Jefferson Student section, full of life, and a little "Sweet Caroline" and "Party in the USA" never hurt a loss. :D
nice ID Jeff17.

Looks like Centennial has really picked it up since the beginning of the year.
espnmobile8

Post by espnmobile8 »

Centennial is playing it's best hockey so far. I was so impressed with their goalie, too.

Jefferson...disappointing.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

espnmobile8 wrote:Centennial is playing it's best hockey so far. I was so impressed with their goalie, too.

I wasn't at the game but the Jags were missing 2 defenseman. Thoughts on Jefferson's play?
toptitty96

Post by toptitty96 »

schwang17 wrote:
espnmobile8 wrote:Centennial is playing it's best hockey so far. I was so impressed with their goalie, too.

I wasn't at the game but the Jags were missing 2 defenseman. Thoughts on Jefferson's play?
They played very very well in the first. As soon as they started taking penalties the game changed. Too many coincidentals put some of their best players in the box late in the game. It was a good game, Centennial definitely has improved a lot and shouldn't be taken lightly in their section. Jefferson had a TON of chances in OT, at least 5 to win the game. I thought the first half was all Jefferson, second half more towards Centennial, and OT was completely Jefferson. Espn- I didn't think the Jags disappointed too much, at least not with their tournament performance as a whole. I don't think the game hurts Jefferson's ranking much but definitely boosts Centennial's.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

toptitty96 wrote:
schwang17 wrote:

They played very very well in the first. As soon as they started taking penalties the game changed. Too many coincidentals put some of their best players in the box late in the game. It was a good game, Centennial definitely has improved a lot and shouldn't be taken lightly in their section. Jefferson had a TON of chances in OT, at least 5 to win the game. I thought the first half was all Jefferson, second half more towards Centennial, and OT was completely Jefferson. Espn- I didn't think the Jags disappointed too much, at least not with their tournament performance as a whole. I don't think the game hurts Jefferson's ranking much but definitely boosts Centennial's.
Of course not. Nothing ever hurts BJ's rankings. Their long history and current depths of talent more than make up for a couple of losses to previously unranked teams. :lol:
dueling21

Post by dueling21 »

Just posted the game story with photos and etc...interesting that the Centennial goaltender started the JV game that very same day before getting "called up."

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/15 ... lp-holiday