Jefferson (6-1) v. Moorhead (4-1) 12-28-09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Jaguars
70%
Spuds
30%

Total votes: 30

HShockeywatcher

Jefferson (6-1) v. Moorhead (4-1) 12-28-09

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Should be a very good tournament.
Last edited by HShockeywatcher on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

First off, you have the date of this game wrong - it's the 28th.

Second, the Spuds have a game against Duluth East this Tuesday (Dec. 22nd) that people probably want to talk about before this one.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Man, you mistype and get ridiculed instead of respectfully corrected. A PM could've handled that.

And if someone wants to make a thread about that one, they can. Go right ahead. I made one for this game. Chill.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

The game is more than a week away. You can't at least wait until after they play Duluth East? :roll:

Have you noticed nobody has posted anything about this game yet? Think it might just be because it's a little too early??.... I'm just sayin'...
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Since some like to jump the gun, we could talk about this:

"Hill-Murray at Moorhead 02/20/10"

(That was meant as a "respectful correction")
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

Wow harsh crowd.

You Spuds should be happy anyone is talking about your team at all.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Back to topic..... Jefferson wins by 3
cuda701

jags - spuds

Post by cuda701 »

Jags win by 5... Merry X_Mas everyone!
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Papa Bergundy wrote:Wow harsh crowd.

Oh yeah, that's what matters most - what you and other people are saying about the Spuds. :lol: :lol: :lol: I hang on every word you say about them. Please..... :roll:
bjspud12

Post by bjspud12 »

SPUDS by 2 (EN)
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

We are happy - that we don't have to listen to you !!!
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

SPUDNUT wrote:

The state title drought must be getting to you. Jags have too much firepower, they win 5-2.
Potatohead9

Who is in net for Moorhead?

Post by Potatohead9 »

Anyone know who will be in net for Moorhead? Marks or Bitzer?
Thats Mr. Potatohead to you!
Hondemon

Post by Hondemon »

What time is this game? I can't find a schedule.
Hondemon

Post by Hondemon »

Spuds website is updated ...2:30. Looks like the Maple Grove vs Elk River is 12 - 1:30 so it must be a pay per game deal.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

schwang17 wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:

The state title drought must be getting to you. Jags have too much firepower, they win 5-2.
NOTHING gets to me, including you !

I'd put my money on the Jags, too - they look better on paper. Funny thing is, thats exactly what we were all sayin' last March when the Hornets had too much(?) firepower for the Taters.
toptitty96

Post by toptitty96 »

NOTHING gets to me, including you !

I'd put my money on the Jags, too - they look better on paper. Funny thing is, thats exactly what we were all sayin' last March when the Hornets had too much(?) firepower for the Taters.[/quote]

Hornets looked way better on paper. Lee, Everson, Baker, Gaarder vs. a team that relied heavily on production from the junior line. And this year's spuds do not have one fourth the talent that last year's hornets had, so I don't really see this game being comparable. That said, I'll take Jefferson by 2 (EN). It'll be a close one, but it will not be the case of the section final last year.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

my sources are saying Jefferson lost 2 defenseman in the last couple days. 1 with a broken bone in his leg and the other with a slit wrist. Hope these guys get back soon! Should be a good game.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

SPUDNUT wrote:NOTHING gets to me, including you !
I wasn't "trying to get to you." Just wondering what all the hostility is about. Lighten up Spudnut, it's the holiday season.
deanertronterry

Post by deanertronterry »

schwang17 wrote:my sources are saying Jefferson lost 2 defenseman in the last couple days. 1 with a broken bone in his leg and the other with a slit wrist. Hope these guys get back soon! Should be a good game.
Sophomore Ian Janco played his first varsity game against Eastview and broke his leg or ankle in practice the other day. Senior defenseman Jake Perpich slit his wrist in practice and was rushed to the ER.
schwang17

Post by schwang17 »

deanertronterry wrote:
schwang17 wrote:my sources are saying Jefferson lost 2 defenseman in the last couple days. 1 with a broken bone in his leg and the other with a slit wrist. Hope these guys get back soon! Should be a good game.
Sophomore Ian Janco played his first varsity game against Eastview and broke his leg or ankle in practice the other day. Senior defenseman Jake Perpich slit his wrist in practice and was rushed to the ER.
From what I hear, both shouldn't miss too much time. The report I got was Janco is expected to miss 2-3 weeks and Perpich is day-to-day.
breakout

Post by breakout »

deanertronterry wrote:

That had to be ugly. Did someone skate over his wrist?
Ole the Goalie

Post by Ole the Goalie »

Jags 7 Spuds 1

Moorhead isn't very good this year - they will be lucky to be .500 by the end of the year.
toptitty96

Post by toptitty96 »

breakout wrote:
deanertronterry wrote:

That had to be ugly. Did someone skate over his wrist?
Yeah, blade caught his bare wrist when he was on the ground. I hear there was a lot of blood and it was a pretty scary sight, but he got stitches and is in good condition. He may or may not play in the Moorhead game from what I hear.
hotpotato81

2:30?

Post by hotpotato81 »

So we have confirmation, 2:30pm start time?

Anyone able to provide some updates? Stuck at work.

Thanks for the updates in advance.