Nick Bjugstad

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnesotahockey26

Nick Bjugstad

Post by minnesotahockey26 »

He looked great at the tourney this year

what are your thoughts on him?
bigbopper

Post by bigbopper »

Well Nick, your dad had a nice career. 8)
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Scott is actually his uncle, who played in the NHL, I believe his dad Mike was also a good player though. Nick is a very good player, I'd be suprised if he is back at Blaine in 2 years.
Papa Bergundy

Post by Papa Bergundy »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Scott is actually his uncle, who played in the NHL, I believe his dad Mike was also a good player though. Nick is a very good player, I'd be suprised if he is back at Blaine in 2 years.
Why would he leave? He already got a D-1 scholarship, and Blaine plays tough competition. Might as well finish out the senior year, maybe win a title or something. That'd be kinda fun.
Stay Classy, Minnesota.
Lord Stanley

Post by Lord Stanley »

Where is he going to college?
WBLHockeyfan04

Post by WBLHockeyfan04 »

He's committed to the University of Minnesota.
komada77

Post by komada77 »

Papa Bergundy wrote:
LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Scott is actually his uncle, who played in the NHL, I believe his dad Mike was also a good player though. Nick is a very good player, I'd be suprised if he is back at Blaine in 2 years.
Why would he leave? He already got a D-1 scholarship, and Blaine plays tough competition. Might as well finish out the senior year, maybe win a title or something. That'd be kinda fun.
He should be a junior age-wise so he probably won't want to stay all 4 years if he is going to play a year of juniors after high school-that would make him a 20 year old freshman. I know thats not at all uncommon in hockey, but for a kid as talented as Bjugstad, it is.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
CasseauCougar

Post by CasseauCougar »

My guess. Back to Blaine for one last run for a State title (should be a good year for them to do it, barring all those damn sophomores coming back next year at EP) and then his senior year the Gophers have him play a year of juniors. While his coaching in Blaine is top shelf, the year in juniors will toughen him a little more to get ready for D1.
BIGSEXY

Post by BIGSEXY »

The kid's an absolute stud. He's only going to keep getting stronger and he'll be fun to watch next year. Unfortunately I think that will be his last year at Blaine. He will be one of the top forwards in the state next year, if not the best.
Some would call 4 in a row a dynasty
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

Definitely a truly gifted player and I'm pleased the Gophers will get him so we can continue to watch him play. One more year with Blaine to make a run at the title and then I would think he'd move on to Juniors. Truly enjoying watching him play this great game.
Lakeviewing

Post by Lakeviewing »

BIGSEXY wrote:The kid's an absolute stud. He's only going to keep getting stronger and he'll be fun to watch next year. Unfortunately I think that will be his last year at Blaine. He will be one of the top forwards in the state next year, if not the best.
Sorry, one goal against EP, but went into a shell for the 2nd and 3rd periods. He need to mature in the high school program. Given his size and ability to score goals give him a chance, he just needs to keep getting stronger and be more dominate.
spin-o-rama

Post by spin-o-rama »

Lakeviewing wrote:
BIGSEXY wrote:The kid's an absolute stud. He's only going to keep getting stronger and he'll be fun to watch next year. Unfortunately I think that will be his last year at Blaine. He will be one of the top forwards in the state next year, if not the best.
Sorry, one goal against EP, but went into a shell for the 2nd and 3rd periods. He need to mature in the high school program. Given his size and ability to score goals give him a chance, he just needs to keep getting stronger and be more dominate.
Give him a chance to do what? Score a goal a game against the state champs, a team with less than 1.5 gaa? Score 4 goals in 3 tournament games? Or maybe be the leading scorer on his state tournament team? Don't expect exponential increases on those achievements, it doesn't get much more mature. I hope you were fishing.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

What I'm saying is after next year Blaine drops quite a bit in talent so Bjugstad won't have anyone that can keep up with him, senior year i would bet he is in Sioux Falls playing USHL
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

Lakeviewing wrote:
He was invisible in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It seemed like he would take a 30 second shift and get off, not wanting to be the guy to lead his team, or maybe it was he didn't want to screw up? Anyone else notice this?
Publik Skoolz
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

sicknasty7722 wrote:
Lakeviewing wrote:
He was invisible in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It seemed like he would take a 30 second shift and get off, not wanting to be the guy to lead his team, or maybe it was he didn't want to screw up? Anyone else notice this?
I did. I was at the game and focusing on him and Leddy the whole game. Leddy was strong from start to finish, Bjugstad started strong in the 1st period, then disappeared. No worries, though. He is only a sophmore and will get better.

Post by #4 »

Back at Blaine as a Junior for one more try at State.
Senior year he's gone to the NTDP in Ann Arbor.
Freshman year he blows off Lucia and goes straight to the NHL.
my2cents

Post by my2cents »

I'll be the first to post that he'll finish HS at Blaine and make two more decent runs at getting to the State Tourney. Blaine will be good enough next year and his Senior year.

He'll still get an invite to play for the USA team in the world juniors without having to go thru the program.

No need for him to go to the USHL for a year. He'll play for the rodents as a pure freshman.
StillAnEagle

Post by StillAnEagle »

A great player.

It's been a while since I've seen someone with his craftyness. Granted I've been checked out of the scene for a few years, so I may have missed a few great kids... Nevertheless, he electrified the arena in the same way that Ryan Kraft and Dave Spehar both did.

I'm excited to watch him play next year at Blaine and excited to watch his career - no matter what he does his senior year.
Citizens for one class hockey
johnnyquest

Post by johnnyquest »

if nick goes to ann arbor his senior year he will be the only player on that particular team - he is only eligible his soph & jr. year
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

Sniper...

Pure and simple, sniper...

Gophers have a need for snipers, and this young man should fill that bill in two to three years... :D
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Nick will be a better college player than a high school player. 6'3" 180 now, wait until he fills out.
dakota12

Post by dakota12 »

Best Forward in the tournament!! Play it out kid, win a Mr. Hockey, go to the State tourney a few more times, and enjoy your high school years!! Not sure why everyone's in such a hurry to get these kids out of high school so quick?
hockeyboy

Post by hockeyboy »

Nick will not go to Sioux Falls because Sioux City owns his rights.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

CasseauCougar wrote:My guess. Back to Blaine for one last run for a State title (should be a good year for them to do it, barring all those damn sophomores coming back next year at EP) and then his senior year the Gophers have him play a year of juniors. While his coaching in Blaine is top shelf, the year in juniors will toughen him a little more to get ready for D1.
What about the Elite League as an option for Nick...you know...to keep him here? :roll:
my2cents

Post by my2cents »

Nick played Elite 1 last fall and was the only Soph to make one of the two select playoff teams.

I think that the Elite league has helped keep players in HS longer.