Section 1A 09-10

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Section 1A 09-10

Post by PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 »

Who are going to be the top contenders for next years section title. teams like New Prague and Red Wing will take a hit losing alot of seniors, and key players.

Thoughts???
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

Let's wait two days until the MSHSL releases the new sections, just in case there are any changes (JM?)
rwfan44

Re: Section 1A 09-10

Post by rwfan44 »

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 wrote:Who are going to be the top contenders for next years section title. teams like New Prague and Red Wing will take a hit losing alot of seniors, and key players.

Thoughts???
I think red wing may still be pretty good next year, just maybe because their jv team this year was something like 27-2 or something like that. I am just saying that they might be better next year but maybe not.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

i thought the sections didnt change again til the year after this??
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

oops DP
Mistah Hockey

Post by Mistah Hockey »

La crescent will be weak, losing their only good goaltender, two great foreign exchange students...and the entire first line.
charlieconway

Post by charlieconway »

I think it might be easier to tell if someone listed all of the teams and a few o the top players from each.
Getemupscout

Post by Getemupscout »

Lourdes returns two forwards with Goals.
chezick 12 Goals, Kurth 4 Goals. Losing 7 senior forwards, and 3 senior defense. Sophomore Goalie returning.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Lourdes-losing alot. 7 senior forwards. but returing the tender
Red Wing-Losing First line i think. but got some returning talent
New Prague- Losing Adams and Lapic which will take a hit on the team. wont be the same. but returning little Lapic tender and i think 3 D?
Albert Lea- Losing a some. but got young talent
Mankato West- Losing Bruggemen. wont be as good. returnoing campbell and weber
Faribault- Will improve lots of young talent
Northfield- only losing 4 seniors. Have young talent. will be a much improved team.
La Crescent- Losing alot. wont be very good.
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

my guess is Red Wing or Faribault to be the top 2 in the section. red wing looses shammel and george noesen but they will still have pat noesen and plenty of other good skaters. faribault graduates almost no one concluding in returning their top 7? point-getters this season and still have their 4 core defensemen. they get almost nothing from their bantams so they will be a junior and senior based team, all with experience.

other contenders include new prague who loses alot with t. lapic and s. adams got due to graduation. they will still have their 2 top defensemen in olson and younger adams. my worry about them is that they wont have anyone to skate with darren lapic.

lourdes loses their whole first line and second like except for chezick. return their sophmore goaltender who did an amazing job in sections this season. from what ive heard lourdes is getting a lot from bantams so it could conclude in a rebuilding year.

AL loses their whole first line but get alot from bantams. they are extremely well coached and are always competitors con playoff time. their coach knows how to get players to fill a specific role instead of trying to get everyone to try to be the stud.

thats all i got for contenders. if i missed anything say something.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

how is mankato west supposed to be. are they losing a lot?

New Prague will take a big hit next year. wont be as good. but will be solid
dpsaucer5

Post by dpsaucer5 »

mankato west looses alot of seniors including bruggeman. he was basically their offense and was one of the top players in the big 9. they do have their top defensemen returning and an overrated weber still there on the first line.
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

With them losing a lot from a team that was seeded 5th

I dont see them as much of contenders for the section title.
Washed Up

Post by Washed Up »

Lourdes- losing 5 of 7 top scorers.

Red Wing- Losing lots of points in Shammel and Noesen. Good coach, will be interesting to watch.

New Prague- Hit HARD losing T. Lapic and S. Adams. Young goaltender though.

West- Lost Bruggeman (aka offense) and returning Weber, kid's got potential. Team....Does not.

Albert Lea- Returning most of their scoring but losing their goalies.

Fairbault- My prediction to represent section 1A at the X next year (yes it's early). Very young team, can't wait to watch this team.

Northfield- Another young team. Unfortunatley, I don't know much about them.

Austin, East, La Cresent, and Waseca will be weak again. (sorry boy's, it's the truth.)
Why so Serious?
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

Washed Up wrote:Lourdes- losing 5 of 7 top scorers.

Red Wing- Losing lots of points in Shammel and Noesen. Good coach, will be interesting to watch.

West- Lost Bruggeman (aka offense) and returning Weber, kid's got potential. Team....Does not.

Fairbault- My prediction to represent section 1A at the X next year (yes it's early). Very young team, can't wait to watch this team.

Austin, East, La Cresent, and Waseca will be weak again. (sorry boy's, it's the truth.)
New Prague this year was not very deep. All their scoring was from that first line, and they lost Adams and Lapic. And little Lapic wont be able to do much without them.

My teams that will contend to represnt the section.
Lourdes- as always will contend even though they are down, but still probably the favorite as they will be defending the section title.

Faribault- Yes they are returning a lot of young guys with talent. Guys like Helgeson and Lapinski, who are juniors, they will be good next year, and better the next year.

Albert Lea- They got some scoring coming back but goaltendin will be a question mark.

New Prague- will contend but i dont think they wil be good enough to win the section.

Northfield- Have a lot of young talent returning, inlcuding their goaltender. I think this team will suprise some people and be a lot better team from the year before.
Washed Up

Post by Washed Up »

PoNd HocKey ChAmP67 wrote:
Washed Up wrote:Lourdes- losing 5 of 7 top scorers.

New Prague this year was not very deep. All their scoring was from that first line, and they lost Adams and Lapic. And little Lapic wont be able to do much without them.

My teams that will contend to represnt the section.
Lourdes- as always will contend even though they are down, but still probably the favorite as they will be defending the section title.

Faribault- Yes they are returning a lot of young guys with talent. Guys like Helgeson and Lapinski, who are juniors, they will be good next year, and better the next year.

Albert Lea- They got some scoring coming back but goaltendin will be a question mark.

New Prague- will contend but i dont think they wil be good enough to win the section.

Northfield- Have a lot of young talent returning, inlcuding their goaltender. I think this team will suprise some people and be a lot better team from the year before.
Thank you for reapeating what I said.
Why so Serious?
PoNd HocKey ChAmP67

:D :D
NPhockey27

section 1A

Post by NPhockey27 »

with that said with new prague losing t lapic and s adams they still have a strong team. returning 3 starting defencemen and haveing one return from a knee injury. with the jv team they were the ones to beat red wing handely both times. i beleive they will find some people to work with little lapic and become a force to recin with in section 1A. They also have a young goalie and will maybe gain another one for lakeville south. They are loseing scoreding but who isnt in this section.

the second team that will give a run at the title is either red wing or rochester although bot teams are getting hit harder then new prague im seeing new prague take the title and either red wing or maybe rochester be runner up

Another team to watch out for is Fairbault. didnt do much this year but we will have to see coming into the season.
scarlethockey33

Post by scarlethockey33 »

Mankato West in 09-10 will only have 2 people from the state tourament team in 07-08 including foward Drew Weber and defensemen Matt Campbell.

Jace Leiferman will be returning for the offense along with Weber which will more than likely making the 1st line. The last 1st line position will probably be fought for. Campbell has been heard to stay at West instead of going to Juniors, i've talked to him personally about it. Kaufman will more than likely come out as the starting goaltender.

The biggest change will be their coaching, Ken Essay will not be returning for the reason that he has taken the role as AD (Activities Director). With the huge lost of seniors and a coach like Essay it'll be hard to see the Scarlets have a season where they will be able to contend in 1A.

Faribault will be a huge threat for the next two years, young team last year that got the Lourdes team by surprise. The Falcons will be a top contender most defitinitely
"Once a Scarlet, Always a Scarlet"
Washed Up

Re: section 1A

Post by Washed Up »

NPhockey27 wrote:with that said with new prague losing t lapic and s adams they still have a strong team. returning 3 starting defencemen and haveing one return from a knee injury. with the jv team they were the ones to beat red wing handely both times. i beleive they will find some people to work with little lapic and become a force to recin with in section 1A. They also have a young goalie and will maybe gain another one for lakeville south. They are loseing scoreding but who isnt in this section.

the second team that will give a run at the title is either red wing or rochester although bot teams are getting hit harder then new prague im seeing new prague take the title and either red wing or maybe rochester be runner up

Another team to watch out for is Fairbault. didnt do much this year but we will have to see coming into the season.
Hmmm.... goalie from lakeville south? Interesting concept, New Prague Hockey 27. Or, should I call you Jordan Holicky? That is your name right? # 27 From New Prague? Thank you mnhockeyhub.com for the name :D
Why so Serious?
LZ94

Post by LZ94 »

Washed Up wrote:
Actually, Albert Lea loses most of its scoring and returns their goalie.
Speed26

Re: section 1A

Post by Speed26 »

jorden you should stop or get a better name nphockey27. so obvious
weatherthestorm

Post by weatherthestorm »

the section will be down next year in my opinon.

RW- losing scoring from schammel and noesen, but keeps p.noesen and mensing and goalie

Lourdes-basically loses everything accept chezick, vesel, and their tender

AL-loses whole first line and top two D...dont think they will be strong but ya never know.

NP-Will be interesting. well see what little lapic can do

Fairbault- the ones i would watch out for. young talent. not losing much at all

West- Weber and Cambell(if he stays). wont be too strong
NDfightingirish35

Post by NDfightingirish35 »

I really don't think campbell has what it takes to be a Junior player. He seemed soft last year and I would be surprised if he got a chance next year or even after. He needs to play with more intensity if he wants to go somewhere. :roll: