BRECK CLASS A CHAMPIONS

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

wtbearlk1111 wrote:Congrats to Breck, You are the Best of the JV Tourney. Move up and play with AA.
That would be great but its probably not going to happen. They did beat the two AA State tourney teams they did play in the Schwanns cup (CDH and East) and thumped both Moorhead and Minnetonka in pre season scrimmages though.

In my opinion this team was a top ten team in either class this year. Were they the best? Probably not, but better than most for sure.

Love em or hate em, you have to give them credit for the season they had. Congrats Mustangs!
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

whockeyguy wrote:so can anybody tell me the roster of this team and where they played youth hockey?
1st line
Born - Orono (Breck lifer), Rehkamp - Wayzata, R. Borer - Brooklyn Park

2nd
Morin - Armstrong, Fulton - Champlin, Traina - Chaska

3rd
Iverson - SLP/SW, Nystedt - Wayzata, C. Borer - BP

Defense
Herd - Alex, Ziedler - Shakopee, Mooney - EP (Lifer)
Crowe - Edina (lifer), Gislason - Burnsville, Rudnick - Champlin

Goalie

Russell - Champlin
salol44

Post by salol44 »

pondhockeyplayer7 Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

salol44 wrote:
Congratulations breck on winning the class.........oh wait never mind. Shattuck would destroy you.

??

Just my way of saying that the privates should be in a league of their own with Shattuck. I know it's not that obvious but I don't care.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

salol44 wrote:
pondhockeyplayer7 Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

salol44 wrote:
Congratulations breck on winning the class.........oh wait never mind. Shattuck would destroy you.

??

Just my way of saying that the privates should be in a league of their own with Shattuck. I know it's not that obvious but I don't care.
Mostly, neither do we.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
spectatorfun

Post by spectatorfun »

Iverson is alsp alifer at breck
blue_liner

Post by blue_liner »

can someone fill me in on what a lifer is? thanks.
Hockman21

Post by Hockman21 »

a lifer is a kid who went to breck kindergarden thru 12th grade
Dangles0404

Post by Dangles0404 »

Congratulations to Breck! An outstanding year! Rusell is an outstanding goaltender. If it wasnt for him, who knows how far they would have gone in the tourney. A great team with great speed and scoring. We very possibly may be looking at Back-to-Back State Champs?? Congratulations and good luck next year.
bluelineenvy

Post by bluelineenvy »

Goldy23 wrote:
whockeyguy wrote:so can anybody tell me the roster of this team and where they played youth hockey?
1st line

2nd

3rd

Defense

Goalie

Russell - Champlin
Thanks, Great info! I not sure about Warroad, but here's LF's/

1st line - Hanowski - LF Hirsch - LF Waytashek - LF
2nd line - Moll - LF Nelson - LF Dougherty - LF
3rd line - Suska - LF Hanowski - LF Martin - LF

Defense Berlund - LF Kalis - LF Rydeen - LF Gosiak - LF
Goalie - Sperl - LF

Congrats to Breck, they were no doubt the best A school and probably woud have beat most AA schools. I would love to see them play EP. If the junior class comes back next year they will easily repeat, sorry STA!!
BreckHockeyDangles15-19

Post by BreckHockeyDangles15-19 »

nipeshow18 wrote:
bigeater3 wrote:congrats breck. that makes 3 in the last nine years i believe. AA next year? hmmm...
I was just going to bring that up. If everyone is going to hate on St. Thomas and want them to move to AA, they should do the same for Breck. Since 2000 Breck has 3 state titles and St. Thomas has 2...

Now I wouldn't want either of them to move up because it keeps class A extremely competitive. If all of the good teams move up to AA then we might as well just scratch class A and go to a one class system.
Sadly my grade only has 91 kids, and the most populated grade is 120 kids. Our school may be able to take on AA teams (Mustangs beat Duluth East and Cretin) but we are a very small school
minnesotahockey26

Post by minnesotahockey26 »

starmvp wrote:Never would at the beginning of the season that they would win
they started off the year beating duluth marshall 5-1 and sta, im not sure what the score was in that game. but breck easily was the best team in class a this year. congratulations breck
pucknutz

Post by pucknutz »

class A tourney.Image
lots of empty seats.
Northhcky

Post by Northhcky »

wtbearlk1111 wrote:Congrats to Breck, You are the Best of the JV Tourney. Move up and play with AA.
Boy this JV crap gets old from the jealous ppl that didn't make it!! It's a 2 class system!! Why you want to knock players that play and love the same game as you? Make you feel better? Do you think the kids that practice daily and play their hearts out for a game they love have any control over how big their school is or where their parents decided to live?

How about other sports like football, baseball, softball, bball etc...some have many classes. So in those sports is it 1 champ and a JV and JVV and JVV and JVVV? Go knock the other sports....it's tougher for a small school to win a state championship in hockey with only a 2 class system than it is in most other sports with many classes!!!
Congrats to Breck HS on a great season. Don't give the jealous idiots a second thought!! You are the Class A champions and nobody can diminish that!!
hockeyrocks

Post by hockeyrocks »

If all those kids come back at this time next year we may be debating if they are in the best team in either class?!?!
Hockeyfan#8

Post by Hockeyfan#8 »

I would give them credit if the players on the team grew up playing in brecks area youth leagues.
"If your not first, your last" R.B.
Youngblood10

Post by Youngblood10 »

Breck dominated, it wasn't even close!
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

Hockeyfan#8 wrote:I would give them credit if the players on the team grew up playing in brecks area youth leagues.
1. They would have to have a youth league to play in one.
2. Your envious, resentful, jealousy is really kind of pathetic

Why don't you bash EP for having "too many" kids in their program? After all they have twice as many kids as some smaller AA programs and 7 times as many kids as a smaller A school like Breck, Blake or Warroad.

Bottom line is Breck was the best team in A this year, give them some credit just like your team will deserve if they ever win something
deacon

Post by deacon »

minnesotahockey26 wrote:
they started off the year beating duluth marshall 5-1 and sta, im not sure what the score was in that game. but breck easily was the best team in class a this year. congratulations breck
STA beat Breck 7-2 at the beginning of the year.
minnesotahockey26

Post by minnesotahockey26 »

deacon wrote:
minnesotahockey26 wrote:
did breck beat them in the schwans cup then? i know they beat sta this year.... or maybe im wrong ha
deacon

Post by deacon »

minnesotahockey26 wrote:
deacon wrote:
minnesotahockey26 wrote: they started off the year beating duluth marshall 5-1 and sta, im not sure what the score was in that game. but breck easily was the best team in class a this year. congratulations breck
did breck beat them in the schwans cup then? i know they beat sta this year.... or maybe im wrong ha
No, they were in different divisions in the Schwans Cup. They played once, it was STA's second game of the year with STA winning 7-2. It would have been cool to see those teams play each other at the end of year in state, no doubt the game would have been played a little different.
Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 »

deacon wrote:
minnesotahockey26 wrote:
True, but it was a bit of an odd game as Breck outshot STA 40-20. STA was up 3-2 and went on a 5-3 power play and scored 2 goals and added another couple of tipped shot goals. Everything went their way. Would have been great to see them go head to head again at in St. Paul. Kind of missed seeing those cute little suits at the Xcel !
WayOutWest

Post by WayOutWest »

bluelineenvy wrote:
Goldy23 wrote:
1st line

2nd

3rd

Defense

Goalie

Russell - Champlin

Goalie - Sperl - LF

Congrats to Breck, they were no doubt the best A school and probably woud have beat most AA schools. I would love to see them play EP. If the junior class comes back next year they will easily repeat, sorry STA!!
:shock: :D :D :D :shock:
I had no idea that Breck had such a far reaching roster. I think it is a bit disingenuous to classify a private school as Class A, when they are casting such a WIDE net to pull hockey kids in. Obviously, Little Falls had far fewer candidates from which to draw. Heck, most AA high schools in the state tourney have far fewer.

Even so, EP would mop the rink with Breck. Breck did manage to beat a couple of AA schools, but they also lost to Wayzata. If they played a decent AA schedule, I think they are a .500 team at best.
deacon

Post by deacon »

WayOutWest wrote:
bluelineenvy wrote:
Goldy23 wrote: 1st line

2nd

3rd

Defense

Goalie

Russell - Champlin

Goalie - Sperl - LF

:shock: :D :D :D :shock:
I had no idea that Breck had such a far reaching roster. I think it is a bit disingenuous to classify a private school as Class A, when they are casting such a WIDE net to pull hockey kids in. Obviously, Little Falls had far fewer candidates from which to draw. Heck, most AA high schools in the state tourney have far fewer.

Even so, EP would mop the rink with Breck. Breck did manage to beat a couple of AA schools, but they also lost to Wayzata. If they played a decent AA schedule, I think they are a .500 team at best.
no and no
masterB

Post by masterB »

Hockeyfan#8 wrote:I would give them credit if the players on the team grew up playing in brecks area youth leagues.
there are no breck youth leagues idiot. its a private school. say the same thing for Holy Angels, STA, Benilde, Cretin, Hill Murray, Rochester Lourdes, etc. etc. guess what, this is America, private schools exist. deal with it.
bigbopper

Post by bigbopper »

masterB wrote:
there are no breck youth leagues idiot. its a private school. say the same thing for Holy Angels, STA, Benilde, Cretin, Hill Murray, Rochester Lourdes, etc. etc. guess what, this is America, private schools exist. deal with it.
Give it a rest! Everybody knows privates have a HUGE advantage attracting good hockey players.
All these Einsteins just don't happen to be above average hockey players.
Make them play in their own conference together and have a seperate state tourney like they do out east. Than I just wonder how many of these Einstein's (who also play hockey) would keep jumping ship! :twisted:

That would be the best way to deal with it!