Section 6A Final Little Falls vs. Alexandria 3/4/09

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins this one to go to the Dance??

Poll ended at Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:51 am

Little Falls
62%
Alexandria
38%

Total votes: 92

bruce06

Post by bruce06 »

Hockeymaster,
There is no way you can call yourself an alex fan when all you do is bash them and some of there players. I also dont see how you can call hemingway overrated when he was one of the top 3 statistical goalies this year and has a great shot at getting a D1 scholarship. Unless you see something that a majority of scouts dont see.

If you truly are an alex fan I am embarrassed for you
mnwild09

Post by mnwild09 »

bruce06 wrote:Hockeymaster,
There is no way you can call yourself an alex fan when all you do is bash them and some of there players. I also dont see how you can call hemingway overrated when he was one of the top 3 statistical goalies this year and has a great shot at getting a D1 scholarship. Unless you see something that a majority of scouts dont see.

If you truly are an alex fan I am embarrassed for you
Hemmingway can still be overrated by being in the top three. There aren't many great goalies this year, so being top three doesn't make him immune to being overrated, similar to how being smarter than a full class of 3rd graders doesn't necessarily make you intelligent.

Also, there's no reason hockeymaster shouldn't be able to be critical of Alex even if he is a fan. Fans don't HAVE to think their team is the best in the world. Many hope and wish it, but that doesn't mean they have to actually believe it. There's nothing wrong with him being critical.

Also, although it would be nice to see, I'm surprised people are predicting such high scores in this game. I'm (obviously) an LF fan and will be rooting for them all the way, but I think the Alex defense is the strong part of the team, not necessarily Hemmingway. As was said before, Hemmingway has yet to beat LF. That means that either Hemmingway can't handle the LF offense or the Alex defense can't handle them. Hano is the driving force for Little Falls, no question about that, and I think if Alex gets a good offensive start early to keep LF on their toes it's possible they'll make this game good.

However this game will, in my opinion, be entirely about morale. Both teams have a lot of it going into this game, and the first goal, along with the roar of that team's fans, will definitely take a bit out of the other team's sails. Watch for both teams to push hard offensively to start. For this reason I could see all the scoring being done in the first two periods while the last period could be just holding on for dear life.

As I said before, Little Falls: 4 Alexandria: 2
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

I don't think it will be a high scoring game, but quite honestly the folks on here that are predicting a high score aren't out of line. Little Falls has a lot of firepower and could put up 5 or 6 goals if Alex. comes out flat. They scored 5 on Cathedral which is considered one of the best defensive clubs in the state. I've seen them score 5 or 6 in 5 to 7 minutes against decent teams (Tech, Fergus). So it could happen. Probably not, but it could.
MNCHAMPS

Post by MNCHAMPS »

WOW i dont know what to say little falls has alot of fire power meaning HANO you are right!! they have alot of decent players.. Alex is more skilled in every other position than LF besides when ben is on the ice
GopherPuckPlayer

Post by GopherPuckPlayer »

MNCHAMPS wrote:WOW i dont know what to say little falls has alot of fire power meaning HANO you are right!! they have alot of decent players.. Alex is more skilled in every other position than LF besides when ben is on the ice
There is more to Little Falls than just Ben. They will show this in one of the best games in MN this year. And whoever wins will show a good show at the X.
Red ice sells hockey tickets.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

MNCHAMPS wrote:WOW i dont know what to say little falls has alot of fire power meaning HANO you are right!! they have alot of decent players.. Alex is more skilled in every other position than LF besides when ben is on the ice
Who are these great skill players that Alex has? They must be skilled in things other than scoring because none of them are amongst the leaders, even in the section, in any category. Last I checked, LF had 3 or 4 guys amongst the top ten in scoring and several kids over 30 and 40 and even 50 points for the year. Don't tell me Alex has more skilled players. Who are they? LF isn't just Hanowski. There are several very quality players on the team. Thats why Alex hasn't beaten them going all the way back past Peewee level. That's domination my friend.
MNCHAMPS

Post by MNCHAMPS »

my point is that Alex is much more balanced then little Falls.People with those kind of stats play sisters of the blind.. all of alex player are anywhere from 15- 40 points on the year.this cant be said about little falls team. plus, you have to relize that the puck always starts with hano making the plays so some one has to score or get the assists Starting from hano!! so who ever plays on hanos line should have alot of points!!
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Is this game done?
mj79

Post by mj79 »

who won this one
EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer »

MNCHAMPS wrote:my point is that Alex is much more balanced then little Falls.People with those kind of stats play sisters of the blind.. all of alex player are anywhere from 15- 40 points on the year.this cant be said about little falls team. plus, you have to relize that the puck always starts with hano making the plays so some one has to score or get the assists Starting from hano!! so who ever plays on hanos line should have alot of points!!
Sister of the blind? these two teams play nearly identical schedules. Plus Im sick and tired of all the Alex fans saying LF would be nothing without Hano, where would Alex be without Hemmingway? They might still be in this game, but they would have absolutely no chance of winning.
EZgoalscorer

Post by EZgoalscorer »

mj79 wrote:who won this one
The game is tomorrow night
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

hmm, for some reason when the thread said it was on the 4th I thought it was gonna be played on the 4th. haha should be a good game. It would be cool to see Alezandria win, i will be cheering for them but I don't think they will win. I'm taking Hano 3-1 with an empty netter. Two assists fot Hano
David Sparrow#1

Post by David Sparrow#1 »

LF 4 (en)
Alex 2

could go either way
snakedude11

Post by snakedude11 »

woo hoo woo hoo, game day!! less than 12 hours to go!!!!
Sorry too much coffee before work...... :shock:
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

i bet my dad $5 on this game...he took LF and gave me 2 goals and ALEX...did I make a dumb bet, or will this be at least a 2 goal game by Alex...I hate losing.
onemoveOTH

Post by onemoveOTH »

HasNoMoves wrote:i bet my dad $5 on this game...he took LF and gave me 2 goals and ALEX...did I make a dumb bet, or will this be at least a 2 goal game by Alex...I hate losing.
That was nice of your dad!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HasNoMoves wrote:i bet my dad $5 on this game...he took LF and gave me 2 goals and ALEX...did I make a dumb bet, or will this be at least a 2 goal game by Alex...I hate losing.
Alex is going to win so no worries.
The U invented swagger.
MNCHAMPS

Post by MNCHAMPS »

EZgoalscorer you are retarded if you think theses two teams have the same schedule seriously come on... and face it hano is the team. people say hemingway is overrated then it shouldnt be a match between hano and hemingway. Hemingway is the real deal but if your town thinks he is overrated it shouldnt be between them.
MNCHAMPS

Post by MNCHAMPS »

EASY $5 in your pocket
teko11

Post by teko11 »

MNCHAMPS wrote:EZgoalscorer you are retarded if you think theses two teams have the same schedule seriously come on... and face it hano is the team. people say hemingway is overrated then it shouldnt be a match between hano and hemingway. Hemingway is the real deal but if your town thinks he is overrated it shouldnt be between them.
Woah. The game is tonight, so can't we all just be excited.
MNCHAMPS

Post by MNCHAMPS »

good call teko!! and thats a EASY $5
theblandyman

Post by theblandyman »

teko11 wrote:
MNCHAMPS wrote:EZgoalscorer you are retarded if you think theses two teams have the same schedule seriously come on... and face it hano is the team. people say hemingway is overrated then it shouldnt be a match between hano and hemingway. Hemingway is the real deal but if your town thinks he is overrated it shouldnt be between them.
You goin tonight teko?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

theblandyman wrote:
teko11 wrote:
You goin tonight teko?
Blandy, if you're going to be there you should send Goldy some updates. I could give you some from Mariucci in return if you would like.
The U invented swagger.
teko11

Post by teko11 »

theblandyman wrote:
teko11 wrote:
You goin tonight teko?
I wish i was. i will have to settle for listening to it i guess.

Go Flyers! Should be a great game.
Edger

Post by Edger »

Can anyone tell me the D-pairs for Alex?
How many do they use?