Student Sections Best and Worst!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

deacon

Post by deacon »

HasNoMoves wrote:St Thomas Academy student section are as dry as popcorn farts and look retarded in their uniforms at the xcel...i loved when Hanowski scored last year and went to their student section and gave them a salute! pretty funny.
I loved it when STA won the game. Pretty funny.

edit: what is a popcorn fart?
Fangler

Post by Fangler »

I don't know who has the best student section, but I know St.Cloud Apollo has one of the worst, They get about ten students at each game and they sit in the stands and don't even pay attention to the game.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Brainerd was pretty bad.

Rules #1 and #2.

#1. Never have a kid in your section that can be singled out for something i.e short shorts., trying to chant all by himself.

#2. Never make enemies that will go to the OTHER student section and give said short short wearing kid's name to the other team.

They learned the hard wayImage
Go Hounds.
husky45

Post by husky45 »

andover fans are fricken hilarious
Frequent_MN_Flyer

Post by Frequent_MN_Flyer »

Too bad the DECC staff doesn't allow signs. Could get ugly though. :shock:
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

I know kids are kids and some adults are to,but when my sons team played STA down at state some years ago,the student section turned there backs when they announced the players before the start of the tournament, [-X what a shame,thought they would have had a little more sportsmanship and discipline , for a private academy school :-s
deacon

Post by deacon »

fromdanorth wrote:I know kids are kids and some adults are to,but when my sons team played STA down at state some years ago,the student section turned there backs when they announced the players before the start of the tournament, [-X what a shame,thought they would have had a little more sportsmanship and discipline , for a private academy school :-s
seriously? whats so bad about that?
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

fromdanorth wrote:I know kids are kids and some adults are to,but when my sons team played STA down at state some years ago,the student section turned there backs when they announced the players before the start of the tournament, [-X what a shame,thought they would have had a little more sportsmanship and discipline , for a private academy school :-s
Its not that bad. Its just like when the opposing team's fans hold up newspapers.
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

deacon wrote:
obviously you must be a student that needs a little help in the how to gain other players and people respect department :wink:
good luck with your future, you need it loser =;
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

fromdanorth wrote:
deacon wrote:
obviously you must be a student that needs a little help in the how to gain other players and people respect department :wink:
Someone has a little pent up rage. Yikes. But I understand where you’re coming from. Certain things tick certain people off and I can respect that.
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

Thanks, i feel better someone understands :lol:
I wouldn't go as far as to call it pent up rage though
komada77

Post by komada77 »

I think you need a little thicker skin. Turning your back on the other team is NOTHING compared to some of the other stuff that gets yelled at opposing players.
Everyone hates private schools (and Edina)!!
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

The funniest thing I have seen this year was at a Warroad Crookston game. There was this one kid on the Pirate squad whose name was morgan i think. The student section kept chanting his name whenever he would be taking a draw, got a penalty, or was even on the ice. The students tactics worked and got into to the crookston players head and he ended being kicked out of the game in the third period. I'm not sure if that was a mean crowd, or a smart crwod. But it was funny either way
deacon

Post by deacon »

fromdanorth wrote:
deacon wrote:
No, I am not student. I think it's funny that you're telling me to grow up while at the time you are calling me a loser on an internet message board all because you're pissed some fans turned their back while your kid was being introduced at a high school hockey game. Good stuff.
fromdanorth

Post by fromdanorth »

I guess you don't get it ](*,) , this is a thread on student sections, I gave my opinion on the behavior of the students from a academy, call me old fashioned, I'm a honorably discharged veteran and proud of it.
the loser part was a bit much, all in fun :lol:

yea, its good stuff, we agree on that
ssphotshot32

Post by ssphotshot32 »

hockeykid15 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:South St. Paul's fans are pretty bad from what I have seen. Cheering when opposing players are injured, horrible chants, and most of them know nothing about hockey.
i second that. when they are at home they throw stuff at players in the penalty box
Ahaha. Good stuff kid. Go back to st thomas and circle jerk for me alright?
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

ssphotshot32 wrote:
hockeykid15 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:South St. Paul's fans are pretty bad from what I have seen. Cheering when opposing players are injured, horrible chants, and most of them know nothing about hockey.
i second that. when they are at home they throw stuff at players in the penalty box
So thats what goes on at St. Thomas. :lol: :lol: :lol:
topshelf10

Post by topshelf10 »

hawkhockey wrote:
HasNoMoves wrote:St Thomas Academy student section are as dry as popcorn farts and look retarded in their uniforms at the xcel...i loved when Hanowski scored last year and went to their student section and gave them a salute! pretty funny.
that was one of the happiest moments of the tournament for me. and since i was sitting in the St. Thomas parent section it just make it even better.
Thought it was pretty funny when Little Falls lost..and Hanowski just looked like an idiot.
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

ssphotshot32 wrote:
hockeykid15 wrote:
Haha i went to cretin but alright. Your from SSP, go slaughter some cows or something
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
hawkhockey

Post by hawkhockey »

topshelf10 wrote:
hawkhockey wrote:
that was one of the happiest moments of the tournament for me. and since i was sitting in the St. Thomas parent section it just make it even better.
Thought it was pretty funny when Little Falls lost..and Hanowski just looked like an idiot.
you gotta give him some props for thinking of it and having the balls to pull it at the state tournament and on television
lugnutguy21

Post by lugnutguy21 »

hawkhockey wrote:you gotta give him some props for thinking of it and having the balls to pull it at the state tournament and on television
Maybe he can try again this year.... :roll:
deacon

Post by deacon »

hawkhockey wrote:
topshelf10 wrote:
hawkhockey wrote: that was one of the happiest moments of the tournament for me. and since i was sitting in the St. Thomas parent section it just make it even better.
you gotta give him some props for thinking of it and having the balls to pull it at the state tournament and on television
Not really. All it did was add fuel to the fire for a very good STA team. Maybe if it was a game winning goal or something but it was the first goal of the game in the first period. Pretty stupid all together.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

fromdanorth wrote:
deacon wrote:
Obviously youve never watched a college game in ANY sport. Happens ALL the time. UMD yells "HEY (guys name) YOU SUCK" during introductions.
Go Hounds.
hockeydude_8

Post by hockeydude_8 »

I Falls isn't bad you can always gurantee a fish getting thrown on the ice so if they go to state watch out for that
mvhockey12

Post by mvhockey12 »

No one has ever seen Mounds Views student section apparently. I mean the one that's non-existent. 4-5 students if you are lucky, not including the JV team that is made to stay and watch. I graduated a few years ago and my freshman year of college I cam back to watch their games, and I was their best fan. I was just trying to watch my friends play and I'm the most loyal fan. Sad day. Maybe if we didn't have such a PLEASE BAN ME rink.