Class A rankings (2-9-09)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

DotaDangler wrote:
warriors41 wrote:
dherman8 wrote:How about this........

STA has lost 6 times and tied once........PATHETIC!

How can LF be any good when they haven't played a team that could beat a group of nuns at hockey?

Everyone is in love with Warroad because they have beaten.........um..........hhhhhmmmmm.........who have they beaten?????????
People love Warroad because they can never be counted out of game. They have the single best line in Class A with Nelson, Hebel, and Shaugabay. They scored with 12 seconds left against Osseo and won in overtime. Down 4-1 against Moorhead and still forced overtime. On tuesday they were down 5-1 going into the third period and won 6-5 in regulation. They also have a deep defensive unit.

1. Little Falls
2. Warroad
3. SCC
4. STA
5. Breck
6. Hermantown
These are the only teams I can see winning state so why go anyfurther
No way Cathedral is ahead of Breck and STA
I kinda struggled with these three teams. But while I dont want to give STA a break cause of their schedule they are still a top team. But we can always see the way the rankings should go in March. Thats the exciting part
nungitchida

Post by nungitchida »

theblandyman wrote:
nungitchida wrote: I have seen all 3 of them teams play mutiple times this season and I'll tell you that [sargeywargey09] has it real close, for 1 the game warroad and scc was at the end of a 5 games in 6 days schedule for warroad,and they still took complete control of that game until that very very questionable call towards the end of the 3 and scc got a powerplay goal and added an emptynetter,the hot goalie also helped.but he wasn't to hot against the lourdes when I watched them and them 2 teams played an even game. now for 2 hermantown is alot better teamthen the one that show up that night against scc this team has around 140 goals on the years with there schedule that is unbelieveable I have been to over 50 high school games this season. put 2 boys thru hockey and working with 3 grand sons now, so no offense but if you have never laced them up or played the game, your opinion is just wind in our ears but if we ever need advice in floor hockey we know who to call
Well, I have laced them up, so I'll handle this one...

Warroad was in their 4th game in 5 days...Cathedral, ironically, was in the 4th game in 5 days as well... (Point void)

I will let you blame the refs if you want...penalties in the game were 3 to 2...4 if you count the misconduct. (Point void)

Cathedral doesn't win games by scoring goals...they win games by shutting down the other team by playing defense...(Point void)

You may be old and experienced...but you sure are senile.

Is Warroad better than Cathedral? Maybe. Did you prove that with anything that you said? Absolutely not.

Ever noticed how teams always seem to "play bad" against Cathedral? Well, it might just be because their 'D' shut them down.
you can't handle nothing benchwarmer. don't even try to compare litchfield, bismarck, or tech to osseo grafton or fargo because the last three actually play hockey teams, but so does tech and we all now what happened there so[ no point voided there]

not only were there bad calls there were a couple of no calls when scc player hit that kid from warroad from behind, the kid never came back out heard it was there no4 defense early in the game then ejects there no1 defense in the 3rd. and I heard what the kid asked the ref, all that was said is what can't check in hockey anymore. and was ejected,
so once again [no point voided again]

and your third void they don't win games by scoring goals, so tell me benchwarmer how do you win with out scoring goals, it can not be done, I maybe senile but at least I am not dumb. [once again no void]

I was there when the lourdes played so bad against your D

and tell us now, if your Defense is so awesome how come out of the top class a teams they had the most goals scored on them, that is why that all the boards have them ranked where they are that and there schedule but don't get to upset benchwarmer they are a good class a team. maybe we will see them in a couple of weeks and maybe not. but my money is on the Hawks of Hermantown.

ps sorry for picking on your girl. floor hockey
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

DotaDangler wrote:

How can LF be any good when they haven't played a team that could beat a group of nuns at hockey?

Everyone is in love with Warroad because they have beaten.........um..........hhhhhmmmmm.........who have they beaten?????????
STA has lost 4 times and plays a brutal schedule.
I agree with your other two points though

1. STA
2. Warroad
3. Little Falls
4. Hermantown
5. Breck
6. SSP
7.SCC
8. Virginia
9. Mahtomedi
10. Alexandria
Sorry 4. Was in a rush but the 6 works in nice with the blasphemous statements I was trying to make.

One thing i'm trying to get at is how does STA have a brutal schedule? I don't get the SOS argument this year. The only STA win that I think i'm really impressed with is Minnetonka.
mnhockeyfan77

Post by mnhockeyfan77 »

i would have to say section 4 is the strongest section. STA SSP Mahtomedi and TG. All very good teams. and the underdog spring lake park. one of these teams i see winning state. just my opinion.
hockeyOAF

Post by hockeyOAF »

1.STA
2.LF
3.SCC
4.Warroad
5.Breck/Hermantown tie
after that anything goes...
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Well, it looks like we are all in agreement.
Six very good teams and some others that have an outside shot.
And where we may disagree is the darkhorses.
theblandyman

Post by theblandyman »

elliott70 wrote:Well, it looks like we are all in agreement.
Six very good teams and some others that have an outside shot.
And where we may disagree is the darkhorses.
Can't argue that...

Can't argue your opinion...

Can only argue the "facts" the nungitchida fella tries to bring up...

Which moves me to the aforementioned person...nungitchida. I'll respond to you when you finish proofreading and making proper edits. It doesn't have to be perfect, I'd just like it to make some sense.
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

dherman8 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote:

STA has lost 4 times and plays a brutal schedule.

1. STA
2. Warroad
3. Little Falls
4. Hermantown
5. Breck
6. SSP
7.SCC
8. Virginia
9. Mahtomedi
10. Alexandria
Sorry 4. Was in a rush but the 6 works in nice with the blasphemous statements I was trying to make.

One thing i'm trying to get at is how does STA have a brutal schedule? I don't get the SOS argument this year. The only STA win that I think i'm really impressed with is Minnetonka.
I didnt say they beat their tough competition :lol:

But seriously, Holy Angels, Centennial, Minnetonka, Cretin, Moorhead, Hillx2, Breck. SSP and Tartan are also tought teams.
Imagine a world...with no Wisconsin
defense

Post by defense »

DotaDangler wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
DotaDangler wrote: STA has lost 4 times and plays a brutal schedule.

1. STA
2. Warroad
3. Little Falls
4. Hermantown
5. Breck
6. SSP
7.SCC
8. Virginia
9. Mahtomedi
10. Alexandria

I didnt say they beat their tough competition :lol:

But seriously, Holy Angels, Centennial, Minnetonka, Cretin, Moorhead, Hillx2, Breck. SSP and Tartan are also tought teams.
Moorhead really isn't that great this year. The Spuds split with Brainerd, Little Falls played and beat them once. They just tied St. Cloud Tech who Little Falls handily beat. But if Moorhead is tough I guess you can add Brainerd and St. Cloud Tech to the tough teams that Little Falls has cruised past this year : Virginia, St. Cloud Cathedral, Alexandria twice. On that same note, Fergus Falls only lost to Tech high school 3-2 and that is a huge rival that Little Falls annhiilated. You see that last line will be laughed at and that is the point. "Tough" is in the eyes of whoever says it.
I agree that STA's schedule is "tough". I also think that Alexandria, Virginia, St. Cloud Cathedral, St. Cloud Tech, Sartell, Brainerd makes for a "tough" schedule. It's all in how you look at it. 8)
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

defense wrote:
Moorhead really isn't that great this year. The Spuds split with Brainerd, Little Falls played and beat them once. They just tied St. Cloud Tech who Little Falls handily beat. But if Moorhead is tough I guess you can add Brainerd and St. Cloud Tech to the tough teams that Little Falls has cruised past this year : Virginia, St. Cloud Cathedral, Alexandria twice. On that same note, Fergus Falls only lost to Tech high school 3-2 and that is a huge rival that Little Falls annhiilated. You see that last line will be laughed at and that is the point. "Tough" is in the eyes of whoever says it.
I agree that STA's schedule is "tough". I also think that Alexandria, Virginia, St. Cloud Cathedral, St. Cloud Tech, Sartell, Brainerd makes for a "tough" schedule. It's all in how you look at it. 8)
Ok I understand your point, but I don't want to play the transitive property game here. You could do that with STA's schedule and every team except Simley, Sibley, and NSP would be "tough" by your logic. I am talking about "tough" in the eyes of the general hockey-watching population.

Teams that I didnt even mention(DM, Lourdes, Mahtomedi) who STA has played, would blow the barn doors off Sartell, Brainerd, and Tech.

My point is that STA plays the top A and AA teams in the state, Little Falls plays a couple good A teams.
defense

Post by defense »

DotaDangler wrote:
defense wrote:
Ok I understand your point, but I don't want to play the transitive property game here. You could do that with STA's schedule and every team except Simley, Sibley, and NSP would be "tough" by your logic. I am talking about "tough" in the eyes of the general hockey-watching population.

Teams that I didnt even mention(DM, Lourdes, Mahtomedi) who STA has played, would blow the barn doors off Sartell, Brainerd, and Tech.

My point is that STA plays the top A and AA teams in the state, Little Falls plays a couple good A teams.
DuLuth Marshal, Lourdes, Mahtomedi would blow the barn doors off Sartell, Brainerd, or Tech....In your opinion....we will never know because they don't play, that is why this is NOT my logic. This is why we cannot play this game. St. Thomas Acedemy plays good quality competition and some of the top teams in the state. Little Falls also plays a tough schedule, though this year there have been fewer top teams in the CLC.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Arguably the top 6 teams (in random order):

St Thomas 16-4-1
For the season, 14 games against ranked teams - lost 4.

Little Falls 20-0-0
5 games against ranked teams - lost 0

Warroad 20-2-0
11 games against ranked teams - lost 2

Breck 17-3-1
8 against ranked opponents - lost 3, tied 1.

Hermantown 19-2-0
8 against ranked opponents - lost 2.

St Cloud Cathedral 18-2-1
6 against ranked opponents - lost 2.

Just an FYI.
TheBlizzard

Post by TheBlizzard »

Red Wing just beat Hermantown 4-1.
DotaDangler

Post by DotaDangler »

elliott70 wrote:Arguably the top 6 teams (in random order):

St Thomas 16-4-1

Little Falls 20-0-0

Warroad 20-2-0

Breck 17-3-1

Hermantown 19-2-0

Just an FYI.
:shock:

Misleading because most of Warroad's "ranked" opponents are not even top 10 class A, whereas STA has played 5 games against top 10 class AA teams.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

DotaDangler wrote:
elliott70 wrote:Arguably the top 6 teams (in random order):

St Thomas 16-4-1

Little Falls 20-0-0

Warroad 20-2-0

Breck 17-3-1

Hermantown 19-2-0

Just an FYI.
:shock:

Misleading because most of Warroad's "ranked" opponents are not even top 10 class A, whereas STA has played 5 games against top 10 class AA teams.
Not exactly sure why you singled out Warroad like that; I'm sure some of those other teams have played games against ranked teams not in the top ten. Anyways, I just wanted to mention how Warroad has played TRF twice now and won both games. I don't think either time they played TRF was in the top ten, but now I think they are 8TH. How would u judge this scenario