Duluth East hosts Tonka on MyFOXHockey.com Thursday, Dec. 11

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MyFOXHockey.com

Duluth East hosts Tonka on MyFOXHockey.com Thursday, Dec. 11

Post by MyFOXHockey.com »

totally free livestreaming coverage on www.myfoxhockey.com Complete with announcers, multiple cameras, onscreen score, replay and more.

December 11, 2008- Minnetonka vs. Duluth East
Penalty Shot

Post by Penalty Shot »

Can you find these games after the fact?
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

This is a great match up I got East to come out on top

East-3
Tonka-1
"Nothing Runs like a Greyhound"
Teak

Post by Teak »

Yah man, great video and audio today for the White Bear Lake - Forest Lake game. No instant replay, however. I lost the feed momentarily in the final period, thus missing WBL's 5th goal. Other than that, my compliments to MyFoxHockey.com, they have made a drastic improvement over last year's attempts to stream games live.

Teak
showtime

Post by showtime »

Tamasy is gonna make it happen for the hounds.

East 4-2
Teak

Post by Teak »

Penalty Shot wrote:Can you find these games after the fact?
MyFoxHockey.com does carry video highlights after the fact. I am not sure if they archive the entire game, but they may be doing that this year. Check out their website.
PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger »

Just like every game I tried to watch last year, not much to watch. For the precisous few seconds I've actually had video, its been almost 20 minutes behind the radio and is very, very choppy...

They are going to have to implement some form of max viewer capacity, obviously their servers can't handle the load properly. Its useless to even broadcast when noone can watch it.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckRanger wrote:Just like every game I tried to watch last year, not much to watch. For the precisous few seconds I've actually had video, its been almost 20 minutes behind the radio and is very, very choppy...

They are going to have to implement some form of max viewer capacity, obviously their servers can't handle the load properly. Its useless to even broadcast when noone can watch it.
Yeah, I've switched over to FAN. It worked so well for the first period, though...frustrating.
major4

East Minnetonka

Post by major4 »

web radio announcers talk highly of Cooper the goalie, minnetonka can't score on several power plays east taking lots of penalties. announcers like max tardy being compared to Dave Spehar former East player.
dulutheastfan

Post by dulutheastfan »

East wins 2-0
"Nothing Runs like a Greyhound"
Teak

Post by Teak »

dulutheastfan wrote:East wins 2-0
Right, East wins, myfoxhockey.com streaming (stuttering?) loses.

I suggest that they keep the game schedule inside the Twin Cities. Maybe select four arenas only (Aldrich, Braemar, Blaine, X-Cel) and get the setup right in each one. Man there are a lot of great games just within the Cities and we could still see teams like Duluth East and Roseau when they come to the Cities.

The White Bear Lake - Forest Lake game was a near-perfect stream and so I think that the issue today was being away from good internet infrastructure.
MNRinkRat

myfoxhockey

Post by MNRinkRat »

I don't know about anybody else but while watching the central-proctor game the stream kept freezing up. I gave up trying to wait for the East-Minnetonka game. I'm just wondering if anybody else had problems or if it was my computer.

Web streaming these games is a great concept, I just wish it would work.
Let's Play Hockey
dlhhockey

Post by dlhhockey »

yeah you're right we only have a couple of tin cans and a string up here. are you kidding me? pretty arrogant of you thinking your pc didn't work because of our internet capabilities. I wonder how some of the high tech companies here do it. sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but it sure sounded like it...
Teak wrote:

I suggest that they keep the game schedule inside the Twin Cities. Maybe select four arenas only (Aldrich, Braemar, Blaine, X-Cel) and get the setup right in each one. Man there are a lot of great games just within the Cities and we could still see teams like Duluth East and Roseau when they come to the Cities.

The White Bear Lake - Forest Lake game was a near-perfect stream and so I think that the issue today was being away from good internet infrastructure.
Teak

Post by Teak »

dlhhockey wrote:yeah you're right we only have a couple of tin cans and a string up here. are you kidding me? pretty arrogant of you thinking your pc didn't work because of our internet capabilities. I wonder how some of the high tech companies here do it. sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but it sure sounded like it...
Teak wrote:

Of course I didn't mean to imply that Duluth is a backwoods Hickville, newly arrived from the Stone Age. The issue was probably with the MyFoxHockey setup: cameras, switches, computer, router, whatever. Did you try to watch the East-Tonka match online?? If you had, you would have experienced what the rest of us experienced. The entire second period was a still photo of the goals leaning up against the side boards. The third period lasted maybe 5 minutes.

What I mean by good internet infrastructure has to do with what they put into any given rink to get a feed uploaded. It would be easier to outfit a few local rinks (local = close to where these guys live and work daily) to a sufficient level rather than putting together a traveling unit that may not be successful as per what happened in Duluth.

Hopefully, what happened in Duluth, stays in Duluth.

BTW, that new arena looked great. I love to see the wrap-around seating. If I lived near Duluth, I would make attending double-headers like they had a high priority.

And East looked very good....when I could see them.

Teak, not anywhere near the Twin Cities
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

East looked kinda blurry and choppy to me, and at times they just disappeared. Maybe they're just that fast...

But on the topic of myfoxhockey's feeds...from what I've heard, they've had 2 games that went smoothly (BSM-Tech and Flake-WBL), and 2 I have watched, which have not (Edina-Burnsville, DE-Tonka). The parallel is pretty easy to draw there...the games with 2 good teams are apparently being overloaded and can't handle the number of viewers tuning in. The other less interesting matchups, meanwhile, have been manageable.

So, I will kindly ask anyone without a rooting interest in next week's East-Centennial game to find something else to do with themsevles next Tuesday night. :lol:
Teak

Post by Teak »

karl(east) wrote:East looked kinda blurry and choppy to me, and at times they just disappeared. Maybe they're just that fast...

But on the topic of myfoxhockey's feeds...from what I've heard, they've had 2 games that went smoothly (BSM-Tech and Flake-WBL), and 2 I have watched, which have not (Edina-Burnsville, DE-Tonka). The parallel is pretty easy to draw there...the games with 2 good teams are apparently being overloaded and can't handle the number of viewers tuning in. The other less interesting matchups, meanwhile, have been manageable.

So, I will kindly ask anyone without a rooting interest in next week's East-Centennial game to find something else to do with themsevles next Tuesday night. :lol:
You are probably correct on the overloading. Perhaps MyFoxHockey should check into the way that football (err, soccer) is shown online around the world. I have been able to watch matches from Chile, Mexico, the Netherlands, Germany, England, Scotland, and so forth, and there are thousands watching these matches live (some have viewer totals shown). How do they do it?

Typically, these online matches are streamed using webTV channels, such as TVU, SopCast, Justin.tv, and Ants. The two former ones always seem to work for me. The technology is certainly available in Minnesota (especially Duluth!).

Teak
:idea: