St.Cloud Apollo Vs. St.Cloud Cathedral (12-2-08)

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes it?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Apollo
25%
Cathedral
75%

Total votes: 20

Fangler

St.Cloud Apollo Vs. St.Cloud Cathedral (12-2-08)

Post by Fangler »

What does everyone think about this game. Cathedral should be a good team this year but Apollo should be ready to play against an in-city rival.
all4sk8ing

Apollo

Post by all4sk8ing »

Apollo looked very week in Friday's scrimmage against Sartell - 2/3 of the game was played in Apollo's end and they really struggled against Sartell's forecheck. Cathedral won't have a problem!
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

Apollo doesn't have a chance.

Cathedral in running time.
The U invented swagger.
san yo assassin

Post by san yo assassin »

well i cant tell you who is going to win but cathedral is definatly overrated
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

san yo assassin wrote:well i cant tell you who is going to win but cathedral is definatly overrated
:roll:
The U invented swagger.
Lucia4President

Post by Lucia4President »

Goldy Gopher wrote:Apollo doesn't have a chance.

Cathedral in running time.
I'm glad you've regained your sanity this year.
HOUNDS
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

cathedral....very easily...i saw apollo's captain practice...the best kids on teh ice were wearing black breezers and helmets which tells me they are a) very young players and havent bought blue stuff yet that will not be impact players at the vasity level yet, or b) still playing bantams......no leadership or skilled upper classmen on the team whatsoever.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

HasNoMoves wrote:cathedral....very easily...i saw apollo's captain practice...the best kids on teh ice were wearing black breezers and helmets which tells me they are a) very young players and havent bought blue stuff yet that will not be impact players at the vasity level yet, or b) still playing bantams......no leadership or skilled upper classmen on the team whatsoever.
Steve Theis, Dustin Christen and Kevin McGuire aren't skilled? I'm not saying they're top tier players but to say that there is no skilled upperclassmen on the team is a little bold.
The U invented swagger.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

Goldy Gopher wrote:
HasNoMoves wrote:cathedral....very easily...i saw apollo's captain practice...the best kids on teh ice were wearing black breezers and helmets which tells me they are a) very young players and havent bought blue stuff yet that will not be impact players at the vasity level yet, or b) still playing bantams......no leadership or skilled upper classmen on the team whatsoever.
Steve Theis, Dustin Christen and Kevin McGuire aren't skilled? I'm not saying they're top tier players but to say that there is no skilled upperclassmen on the team is a little bold.
Not going to argue with you Goldy, but define "skilled". I would say that those three are very skilled compared to the rest of the Eagles, but in competition with other teams they may fall a bit short.

I'm hoping for at least a decent game as I hate seeing teams wasting their games with teams that don't challenge them. (regardless of who they are) I also will not put money on a game like this as any time the local teams get together just about anything can happen.

I predict:
CHS 6 en
AHS 3
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

Apollo was BRUTAL last night...it will be a long year for them...they do not complete passes, they do not break out well, and they do not know how to check...Apollo's goalie played poorly, but that game could have been a lot worse...
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

after last night, i would still argue whether Apollo has sklilled players...their first line was on the ice over 50% of the time and struggled.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

Even with two-man advantages, Apollo was struggling. With 2 minutes to go, and another 2-man advantage I wondered why Apollo didn't pull their goalie, then I saw why.. ouch.

Christian is the best player for Apollo. He could be a player to watch IF he were playing for a team that did something in the season. But beyond him, there wasn't much to get excited about.

The refs were pretty "marginal" but they were trying to keep things from escalating. I will give the Eagles a bit of advice though, if they want to go after a player on the opposing team, then they need to be able to keep up with them. (It was pathetic watching them try to get to Schmidt and then hurt themselves doing it.)

Cathedral has some issues of their own to fix, but I'm confident they can do it.

This is going to be a long season for the Eagles, but I hope they can put something together and make the best of it.
HasNoMoves

Post by HasNoMoves »

i liked apollo's new jerseys, i hope thier blue line club paid for ALL of them, otherwise...what thehell are they asking for levy increases around here...they didn't look cheap...correct meif i am wrong, but they still would have played as poorly if they were wearing some cheap mesh practice jersey all the same color with numbers on the back and a big a taped on the front in white hockey tape haha