What kind of season will Austin have?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

sedes

What kind of season will Austin have?

Post by sedes »

its hard to say what kind of season austin will have this year. They have some young talent to put together a decent season. hope they dont have a dissapointing season like last year
maddog

Post by maddog »

Who do they have returning and who was lost last year to graduation
FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE »

The magic 8 ball says..........not so good. :lol:
hockeyblitz

Post by hockeyblitz »

Austin lost a few seniors from last year and john kirby this year which was a tough loss. However, this year Austin will be a deeper team than last year but still doesn't have the scoring threats. They will need to keep the puck out of there own net. It's possible that they might have only 2 seniors on the varsity team. The rest are sophomores and juniors. And one freshmen. This is how I see the big 9 finishing this year.

Mayo
Owatonna
century
albert lea
winona
faribault
mankato west
austin
john marshall
mankato east
Puckguy19

Post by Puckguy19 »

Austin Who?
SEMinnHockeyNut

Post by SEMinnHockeyNut »

There is no way Albert Lea finished 4th in the conference.
MAYO SPARTANS!
hockeyblitz

Post by hockeyblitz »

SEhockeynut, I don't believe you can put albert lea any higher than that. Again they have one line and an all but average goalie. Don't get me wrong they have a terrific program and a great coach but c'mon. You will see the decline in talent from that program over the next few years. But they did have a great run of kids for the last 3-4 years. Century will reload there program due to numbers and Mayo has there three top scores from last year back. I believe Century and Albert Lea will be battling for 3rd and 4th spots and I wouldn't count out Winona (good run of kids at the senior and junior years). But of course who know's!!!!!!!
Dog_Log17

Post by Dog_Log17 »

hockeyblitz wrote:Austin lost a few seniors from last year and john kirby this year which was a tough loss. However, this year Austin will be a deeper team than last year but still doesn't have the scoring threats. They will need to keep the puck out of there own net. It's possible that they might have only 2 seniors on the varsity team. The rest are sophomores and juniors. And one freshmen. This is how I see the big 9 finishing this year.

Mayo
Owatonna
century
albert lea
winona
faribault
mankato west
austin
john marshall
mankato east

This is a terrible prediction. Try again.
hockeyblitz

Post by hockeyblitz »

Hey Dog, No I am not going to revisit these predictions in order to elevate West in the rankings. Your ranking went down after Bruggeman left for Fargo. Call him and ask him to come back with the higher ranking.
DMhockey4

Post by DMhockey4 »

whose austin?
GopherPuck15

Post by GopherPuck15 »

Austin will be terrible as they always are.
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Austin Packers. From Austin MN, they make SPAM down there.

They will struggle to win, should beat East again.
ALL-STAR ROOKIE

Post by ALL-STAR ROOKIE »

How is this J. Kirby kid doing where he went? ( Russel Stovers)

Was it really the best thing for this kid or just another parent idea?

Is he as good as his older brother Tim?
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Heavens no, he has no where near the talent as his older brother, Tim.

Not even close, no idea how he is doing though in RS.
maddog

Post by maddog »

Not a great start for austin, loss to marshall 10-2 anybody have any insight on this game and if marshall is even that great of a team
hockeyblitz

Post by hockeyblitz »

Marshall is small but fast. Sounds like the Marshall kids really work hard during the game. Austin was without there starting goalie and 3 other starters as well including two defensmen which really hurt them. They don't have the depth to allow players to be ineligible. Austin returns Dooley (goalie) and another defensmen this week. The game was 2-1 after the first and Marshall scored 4 goals in 6 minutes at the start of the second. Total breakdown.
High_Plains_Dangler

Post by High_Plains_Dangler »

well..... probably not a good one, even with the weak schedule :lol:
Relax, Take it slow, and Let the Good Times Roll
jackstraw

record?

Post by jackstraw »

Dooley's 76 saves on 83 shots against Faribault should be a MSHSL record if their records are up to date. Someone from Austin should look into that.
charlieconway

dooley

Post by charlieconway »

there is no doubt that doolye played well, but some credit is due to the defensemen the score was 0-0 going into the 2nd but the Austin guys were just 2 gassed to keep going and playing defense for basically the whole game.
h20

Post by h20 »

jackstraw-- record not even close, the record is around 100-110 saves, remember the mercy rule went into effect only a few years ago, before they just kept shooting and scoring
The Pitboss

Re: record?

Post by The Pitboss »

jackstraw wrote:Dooley's 76 saves on 83 shots against Faribault should be a MSHSL record if their records are up to date. Someone from Austin should look into that.
Actually 83 saves on 90 shots. Hate to have you discount his performance ha-ha!
jackstraw

state record

Post by jackstraw »

The MSHSL website has the record for most stops in 1 regulation game as 74 saves; Brady Hjelle of Int. Falls against CEC in 2006. If Aaron had more saves than that, it would be a record.
The Pitboss

Re: state record

Post by The Pitboss »

jackstraw wrote:The MSHSL website has the record for most stops in 1 regulation game as 74 saves; Brady Hjelle of Int. Falls against CEC in 2006. If Aaron had more saves than that, it would be a record.
If that is the case then he has it because I'm positive the save total is 83.
sedes

Re: state record

Post by sedes »

jackstraw wrote:The MSHSL website has the record for most stops in 1 regulation game as 74 saves; Brady Hjelle of Int. Falls against CEC in 2006. If Aaron had more saves than that, it would be a record.
Actually faribault had 83 shots and dooley had 76 saves, so if the record is 74 then it is a record