Michigan vs. Minnesota Series

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

juniorhockey

Michigan vs. Minnesota Series

Post by juniorhockey »

The Michigan vs. Minnesota series started last year out in Michigan. It was supposed to alternate back and forth from state to state. Has anyone heard anything regarding this? Dates? Who's playing?
Gopher Blog

Re: Michigan vs. Minnesota Series

Post by Gopher Blog »

juniorhockey wrote:The Michigan vs. Minnesota series started last year out in Michigan. It was supposed to alternate back and forth from state to state. Has anyone heard anything regarding this? Dates? Who's playing?
I haven't heard anything on it yet. I think I still have the Email address from the guy who organized it last year. If I can locate it, I will try to get a hold of him and see what he has to say.
juniorhockey

Post by juniorhockey »

Thanks Gopher Blog. I appreciate it.
PlayersFirst

Minnesota vs. Michigan Series

Post by PlayersFirst »

Team Minnesota Hockey has not officially announced the series as of yet, but it appears as though the Showcase is scheduled for June 6-8, 2008 and will be held at Braemar Arena in Edina, MN. The committee is finalizing the venue and particulars at this time and will open for registration within the next few weeks. Team Minnesota and Team Michigan are locks for the event.

There may be a change to the format though, as it appears as though a few teams from Canada and some other teams from the U.S. have expressed interest in joining the event. This is still not settled though and that is the main reason for the delay.

Plan on June 6-8, 2008 as the dates for the showcase and more information will follow shortly. The website www.teamminnesota.org will be updated shortly with the details and registration procedures very soon. Essentially, they are qualifying the competition to make certain that the teams inquiring fit within the showcase objetives.

This event was a great success last year and they promise to make the Minnesota version even better. More news within the next few weeks.
wannagototherink

Re: Minnesota vs. Michigan Series

Post by wannagototherink »

PlayersFirst wrote:Team Minnesota Hockey has not officially announced the series as of yet, but it appears as though the Showcase is scheduled for June 6-8, 2008 and will be held at Braemar Arena in Edina, MN. The committee is finalizing the venue and particulars at this time and will open for registration within the next few weeks. Team Minnesota and Team Michigan are locks for the event.

There may be a change to the format though, as it appears as though a few teams from Canada and some other teams from the U.S. have expressed interest in joining the event. This is still not settled though and that is the main reason for the delay.

Plan on June 6-8, 2008 as the dates for the showcase and more information will follow shortly. The website www.teamminnesota.org will be updated shortly with the details and registration procedures very soon. Essentially, they are qualifying the competition to make certain that the teams inquiring fit within the showcase objetives.

This event was a great success last year and they promise to make the Minnesota version even better. More news within the next few weeks.

Does Team Minnesota no longer go to Boston?
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter
observer

Post by observer »

Since last year was 1993s I presume this year will be 94s? Tryout info. on the site soon? There will be a lot of interest since the event is in Minnesota this year and won't involve travel. With over 20 1994 AAA teams, in the metro alone, a lot of these boys are pretty busy. The Blades as an example, which includes some top 94 boys, are already in 6 tournaments. Not to mention baseball, lacrosse and soccer. Minnesota Made also has plans for a MN/MI series that they're calling "Premier."
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

observer wrote:Since last year was 1993s I presume this year will be 94s? Tryout info. on the site soon? There will be a lot of interest since the event is in Minnesota this year and won't involve travel. With over 20 1994 AAA teams, in the metro alone, a lot of these boys are pretty busy. The Blades as an example, which includes some top 94 boys, are already in 6 tournaments. Not to mention baseball, lacrosse and soccer. Minnesota Made also has plans for a MN/MI series that they're calling "Premier."
I think last year had an '89/90, '91/92, & a '93/94. And what the Premier used to be was basically a Minnesota Select 14 since our state is one of only two in the union that does not field a team. 80 kids broke into 4 teams with 1/2 of them being chosen to go to Ann Arbor for a few days to work out and play a couple of games against each other in front of the USA Staff. I think this will be the third year of the Premier.
Character is who you are when no one is watching
PlayersFirst

MN vs. MI Series

Post by PlayersFirst »

Team Minnesota still goes to Boston for the International Pre-Draft Tournament and the Jr. Chowder Cup. The International Pre-Draft is for those players who are ranked by the NHL for the upcoming draft and the Jr. Chowder Cup is for 92 born players this year.

Team Minnesota is starting the invitation process for both events within the next week.
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

This is on their site now:
THE MINNESOTA VS. MICHIGAN SERIES IS DELAYED DUE TO SCHEDULING ISSUES. WE ARE ATTEMPTING TO USE A TARGET DATES OF JULY 25-27, 2008 AS THE EVENT DATES AT THE BRAEMAR ARENA IN EDINA, MINNESOTA. THE SERIES IS NOT OPEN FOR REGISTRATION AS OF YET, BUT WILL OPEN SOON. REGISTRATION WILL BEGIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE - WE'LL GET THIS DONE.