Joe Rubbelke transfering to North St. Paul???

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

CityHockey11

Joe Rubbelke transfering to North St. Paul???

Post by CityHockey11 »

Any truth to this? Good scorer and only a sophomore, would be a shame.
If we didn't have conflict we'd all be pretty bored
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Yep. He's already in school there.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

There goes another one.... :(
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Anyone out there who has a little more "insiding" ability, can you give me a little breakdown on the immediate future of the Johnson program??
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

I think one or two people on the bored are still around the youth program, so they can give more insight than me, but next year is probably going to be rough...

On top of losing Rube, they're also losing Trenton Krueger, and joining the Tri-Metro, so they'll have to start dealing with Breck & Blake a few times every year. In the long run, that should actually help, but next season could be bleak. They're going to have to lean on Joe Benert between the pipes... he's been inconsistent the past two years, so he'll need to fix that for them to hang around .500. At times, he's very good - other times...

They've still got a lot of kids in the program though, so it may take a couple of years to reload.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Thanks for the info, it has been a WHILE since they made the big dance (13 years to be exact), they came close a few years back against Hastings. I would go NUTS if they got back again. Anymore info would be appreciated though.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Rubbelke will be trying out for the USA NTDP later this month so he may not even be in Minnesota next fall if he makes the team.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

What is the reason for the move to the Tri-Metro?
cclavin

Post by cclavin »

CityHockey11 wrote:What is the reason for the move to the Tri-Metro?
I believe JHS played an independent schedule this year, there are only two city HS teams left (Como is the other one) with hockey teams.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

cclavin wrote:
CityHockey11 wrote:What is the reason for the move to the Tri-Metro?
I believe JHS played an independent schedule this year, there are only two city HS teams left (Como is the other one) with hockey teams.
Thanks for that.
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

Why would this kid want to transfer to North St. Paul, what have they done in the past 20 years?
warrior2132

Post by warrior2132 »

Yes Joe is trying out for NTDP but if he was selected to play I don't think he would end up going because he really likes football and baseball as he is good at both of those sports
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Cabela10 wrote:Why would this kid want to transfer to North St. Paul, what have they done in the past 20 years?
Not too sure, but he'll be missed. Any body else who has some info on some up and comers for the squad, let me know.
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

[quote="Govs93"]I think one or two people on the bored are still around the youth program, so they can give more insight than me, but next year is probably going to be rough...

On top of losing Rube, they're also losing Trenton Krueger, and joining the Tri-Metro, so they'll have to start dealing with Breck & Blake a few times every year. In the long run, that should actually help, but next season could be bleak. They're going to have to lean on Joe Benert between the pipes... he's been inconsistent the past two years, so he'll need to fix that for them to hang around .500. At times, he's very good - other times...

They've still got a lot of kids in the program though, so it may take a couple of years to reload.[/quote]

I was told they had 10 kids on their JV team this year. Is that true?
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

warrior2132 wrote:Yes Joe is trying out for NTDP but if he was selected to play I don't think he would end up going because he really likes football and baseball as he is good at both of those sports
Could be. I was simply pointing out that the possibility is there that he could be out of state.
Cabela10

Post by Cabela10 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
That is correct.
chester1991

Post by chester1991 »

The family lives in North St.paul.His dad coached baseball at Harding, and he wanted to play for his dad. His dad is coaching baseball at a local college. Joe is actually at North for high school this year.
And why would he go to North St.Paul? They had a Mr. Hockey winner 2003 they Jim Obrien play in the program. They have had some good players play in this program the last few years.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Cabela10 wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
That is correct.
That's depressing...what will it take to rebuild the program???
Pioneerprideguy

Too bad for him that he will have poor coaches in football & hockey. Wish him well.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

CityHockey11 wrote:
Cabela10 wrote:Why would this kid want to transfer to North St. Paul, what have they done in the past 20 years?
Not too sure, but he'll be missed. Any body else who has some info on some up and comers for the squad, let me know.
I think Joe actually grew up playing hockey in the NSP youth program, but went to Harding to play football and baseball for his dad who is the head coach there, and because Johnson is consolidated with Harding for hockey, he played for the Govs.

From that point on I don't know if his dad hung it up at Harding, or if Joe just decided to go play with his old friends, or if Harding just wasn't a place he wanted to be.
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

Govs93 wrote:I think one or two people on the bored are still around the youth program, so they can give more insight than me, but next year is probably going to be rough...

They've still got a lot of kids in the program though, so it may take a couple of years to reload.
The rest of the tri-metro aren't exactly world beaters, so after the first year, it shouldn't be too bad.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

chester1991 wrote: His dad is coaching baseball at a local college.
Close. I didn't realize he had moved on to college coaching. Good for him.

I still say that Jim was the best baseball coach I ever had - the guy knows his stuff. Way better than that goofball they have coaching over at Hill-Murray... what's that guy's name anyway?! :wink:
CityHockey11

Post by CityHockey11 »

bump :wink:
Pioneerprideguy

Govs93 wrote:

I still say that Jim was the best baseball coach I ever had - the guy knows his stuff. Way better than that goofball they have coaching over at Hill-Murray... what's that guy's name anyway?! :wink:
You mean that guy that took his baseball team to state last year & also just won a state championship in hockey? I think his name is "winner". :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

You mean that guy that took his baseball team to state last year & also just won a state championship in hockey? I think his name is "winner". :lol:
Yeah, they must be starting the baseball recruiting now too - I don't know where that came from. Granted, it was a while ago, but we used to kick the snot out of HM annually - they had decent teams back then (the Godbouts, Chad Brennan, etc.), but they couldn't touch us. I was floored when they got through last year. It's been a pretty solid 10 months for old Smilin' Bill.