So...now what?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

east hockey
Site Admin

So...now what?

Post by east hockey »

Another season has ended, and it seems like it just started. Wasn't it yesterday I was making my way down to tDECC to watch East kick off their season against Central? And suddenly it's over and we've crowned two champions. So now what? It's eight months until the next season starts.

Which brings me to my question; what does everybody do during the off-season? Do they (like me) leave hockey behind and pick up with other things in their life? Fish? Golf? Travel? Camping? Bicycle? Baseball? I'm interested in hearing what the fine folks on this Board do in the interim.

By the way, it was another great season with more surprises. Again, my Hounds fell short of their goal but it was still thoroughly enjoyable for me. Hopefully it was likewise for everybody else.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Hockeyguy_27

Re: So...now what?

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

east hockey wrote:Another season has ended, and it seems like it just started. Wasn't it yesterday I was making my way down to tDECC to watch East kick off their season against Central? And suddenly it's over and we've crowned two champions. So now what? It's eight months until the next season starts.

Which brings me to my question; what does everybody do during the off-season? Do they (like me) leave hockey behind and pick up with other things in their life? Fish? Golf? Travel? Camping? Bicycle? Baseball? I'm interested in hearing what the fine folks on this Board do in the interim.

By the way, it was another great season with more surprises. Again, my Hounds fell short of their goal but it was still thoroughly enjoyable for me. Hopefully it was likewise for everybody else.

Lee
Thanks for this board Lee. I have no other hobbies so I'm going into a long hibernation until next season. During this sleep, I will think about hockey.
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Well I'm just soaking up a beautiful Sunday afternoon now myself :D . Besides finishing off my semester in college, I'm looking forward to the Wild getting hot in their playoff run. Also excited for some Twins action, especially with the new look team.

Once I'm out in May, I'm hoping to make an early trip to Duluth to get a nice break after classes and enjoy some good food and hopefully nice weather there with friends. I'll get a golf game in here and there and make some trips to the old reliable cabin for some fishing and tubing. Although I'll likely make some Twins games, I'm really looking forward to the opening of that new stadium. It's going to be huge for Twins Fans to enjoy good baseball outside once again!

Again, outstanding hockey year to all. Some great players are moving on and I wish them all best of luck in the college careers. Congrats again to the Pioneers on their outstanding tournament! You made all supporters as proud as can be :D!!

And P.S., thanks for everything you put up with this year Lee. The "bored" wouldn't be here without you and Mitch!!!
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

I read thin books.
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
hawkfan70

Post by hawkfan70 »

Hillfan wrote:Well I'm just soaking up a beautiful Sunday afternoon now myself :D . Besides finishing off my semester in college, I'm looking forward to the Wild getting hot in their playoff run. Also excited for some Twins action, especially with the new look team.

Once I'm out in May, I'm hoping to make an early trip to Duluth to get a nice break after classes and enjoy some good food and hopefully nice weather there with friends. I'll get a golf game in here and there and make some trips to the old reliable cabin for some fishing and tubing. Although I'll likely make some Twins games, I'm really looking forward to the opening of that new stadium. It's going to be huge for Twins Fans to enjoy good baseball outside once again!

Again, outstanding hockey year to all. Some great players are moving on and I wish them all best of luck in the college careers. Congrats again to the Pioneers on their outstanding tournament! You made all supporters as proud as can be :D!!

And P.S., thanks for everything you put up with this year Lee. The "bored" wouldn't be here without you and Mitch!!!
nice weather in Duluth in May is highly unlikely

for me its time to start my training for a long run on the North Shore :?
why do i do it?????
Iceburg

Post by Iceburg »

Selects and Model Camp :mrgreen:
The_Phantom_Enigma

Post by The_Phantom_Enigma »

You hit the nail on the head, Lee... it seems like it was just a few days ago that the season started! Can't believe it! but it was a great season and i enjoyed my first season on the message board. Thanks to everyone for putting up with my sometimes ingenious posts. :lol:

During the off-season i will be knee-boarding, hunting, fishing, some recreational roller hockey, as well as working a lot.

I wish everyone a good spring/summer/fall and hope to see everyone back in the winter! YES i said EVERYONE!! as much as some people tick me off, the "bored" wouldn't be the "bored" without some on the non-sense posts that occur!

Congrats to Hill & St Thomas for their championship wins, and also congrats to the other state teams for their successful seasons!
[--Phantom Of The North Rink--]
Duluth 4

Post by Duluth 4 »

during the summer/spring/fall i am very busy we start out with baseball and Justin May and soccer .. then we get back to the cabin and tubing. then dreaded fall comes around with the start of school and high school soccer for me.
Release the Hounds. Trek to the X.
minnesotahockey23

Post by minnesotahockey23 »

hmm, highschool golf is starting for me! then summer rolls around with lots of hockey camps, tennis camps, playing golf, and chilling on the lake. For me, the hockey craze continues pretty much year round, and I love every second of it
I'm a girl and I can snipe just as well as the boys
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Forced to spend more time with the girlfriend jk
No excuse now for tackling the home and garden projects
GopherWild

Post by GopherWild »

I'm looking forward to the High School Baseball season now that the High School Hockey season is over. By the way, does anybody know a good High School Baseball Forums page I can write on?
SB24

Post by SB24 »

Thanks for all the work Lee, it really makes the season more interesting! In the off season not much changes for me, work is still here as are the wife and kids. The only thing that changes is i switch from watching hockey to baseball. I'll try to get in a few rounds of golf when i get a chance, maybe hit the big lake to get some fishing in, but that's about it.
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
mohunk

Post by mohunk »

Hey, the Peanut Gallery can come back to life!!! Will Park Rapids go to state in baseball again?? How many players will Zack Lehrke throw out at second? Did not get to see him at the X, why, didn't even get to see him go against Warroad at all this year. Let's call SiouxRecruit and wind him up!! Life continues on! Wait a minute--first there's the 8A/8AA match and then the Great 8. Even the Chicago showcase. Wait on baseball for now.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

I usually play a lot of hockey and day dream about next season. 8)
Publik Skoolz
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

The hockey season sure went by fast. I'm glad I got to see so many amazing games, even if the end results weren't exactly ideal. My sports focus now shifts to the New York Yankees as the get ready for World Series title #27.

Otherwise, I have a few minor things do deal with such as graduation and picking/going off to a college. :D
slashman42

Post by slashman42 »

I'll spend the next month or so anguishing over the Wild until they either pull their collective heads out of their arses, or are out of the playoffs. After that, I'll spend time with my nephew over the summer who next year will be in Bantams for Proctor (several trips to Duluth for that - and that's my home town as well), and then there's this larger project called work... :evil:

Great Job Lee out here. Running a busy forms site can be demanding (did it myself for a couple years running a gaming forms site). Get some break time before next season starts - you'll need it :)
George Blanda

Post by George Blanda »

I have about a month of college hockey left...

After that, it's time to watch St. Cloud Cathedral attempt to repeat as state AA baseball champions. With all but two players returning, and only one of them true contributors, I should have no reason to believe they can't repeat.
"they are LAME" -darkdemon on SJU hockey
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

celebrate for 8 straight months!

The wild and twins seem like they might be imploding, and brett favre retired, my pro sports prospects are not looking good.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
SiouxRecruit

Post by SiouxRecruit »

Im gonna finish this year of school..go back to Park to play softball or get a team here...im gonna work as least as possible and be on the lake as much as i can...im gonna play tennis and golf and probably be lazy like most summers....bu yes there is still the 8a/8aa all star game to watch and the gteat 8.....and hopefully some type of commitment from someone :wink:

I also like to thank Elliott for the doughnuts at the Xcel...and sorry for stealing ur seat haha :D
Catch me On YouTube @ FishOnLuke
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

Less time at the rinks and on the bored should allow me to focus on work and get my boss off my butt. Then again, longer "days" and better weather is on the horizon. I'll find something non-work related to fill the void. :lol:
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Well I still need something to do at work :D so after all the hype dies down, we'll still be here to make sure Lee has plenty of stuff to put into the cafe. :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Well I still need something to do at work :D so after all the hype dies down, we'll still be here to make sure Lee has plenty of stuff to put into the cafe. :lol:
...Or remove... as the case may be.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

GopherWild wrote:I'm looking forward to the High School Baseball season now that the High School Hockey season is over. By the way, does anybody know a good High School Baseball Forums page I can write on?
We usually have a thread going in the Cafe, or Minnesota-Scores.net has one too. I don't know that either are wildly popular though.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Looking forward to watching Select 16's, USHL Chicago Showcase, GR Summer Tourney's, girl's fastpitch & 7 year olds playing baseball. Oh yeah, GOLF. :D
Some things expected, some were a shock, but it's been a great ride. Looking forward to everyone's expectations and predictions for next season, as well as some heated summer gossip. :wink:
Character is who you are when no one is watching
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Play a little modified softball-
Help coach my daughters softball-
Watch the Twins
Check game cameras
Deer hunt alot
Nothing to spectacular.
Thank you much for this forum. Living near Green Bay, it allows me to follow the hockey scene back home. It got me back into hockey again.