Aaron Ness

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

marchmadness

Aaron Ness

Post by marchmadness »

Wow does this kid have some skills. I did not notice him as much last year, but they may have been because I was at the X. Lou Nanne seems to think so as well, haha.

Blaine looks too slow to play with the rams.
Hole-In-One018

Post by Hole-In-One018 »

Ness is BEAST!!! :D
Warroad97

Post by Warroad97 »

Ness = Mr. Hockey
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Enough already. He's a very good player. Not even close to the best ever. :roll: Please people, get over it. :roll:
Character is who you are when no one is watching
cjp8816

Post by cjp8816 »

Ness = The best HS player I've ever seen. I can only pull from about 20 years with a educated guess. and for you BJ's.... Yes he's better then Crowley.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

cjp8816 wrote:Ness = The best HS player I've ever seen. I can only pull from about 20 years with a educated guess. and for you BJ's.... Yes he's better then Crowley.
He's not even the best from his own hometown.
marchmadness

Post by marchmadness »

i said i was impressed. i think nanne gets obsessed about a player and spends the whole game oogling over him. best ever...i doubt it. mr hockey...i think so
mch

Post by mch »

GR3343 wrote:
cjp8816 wrote:Ness = The best HS player I've ever seen. I can only pull from about 20 years with a educated guess. and for you BJ's.... Yes he's better then Crowley.
who is then? :? :?:
Warroad97

Post by Warroad97 »

hes not the best ever no, not even from his own town. The Brotens and Erickson would be the best of Roseau, and Ness would be the first to tell you that. That being said, he is mr hockey this year.
mch

Post by mch »

Warroad97 wrote:hes not the best ever no, not even from his own town. The Brotens and Erickson would be the best of Roseau, and Ness would be the first to tell you that. That being said, he is mr hockey this year.
oh my fault i misinterpreted this that he's not the best from his town this year
cjp8816

Post by cjp8816 »

mch wrote:
GR3343 wrote:
who is then? :? :?:
That I've ever seen in my 20 years of watching. Who knows what he would look like as a senior. I was comparing him to people like Crowley, Langenbrunner, Spehar etc.
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Ness is very good, we've all agreed on that. What he does on the ice has definitely been seen before at the high school level. That's not saying he isn't a special talent, just another in an elite list though. The only truly unique thing about him lately is the amount of hype and press he gets. I thought Nanne & Matvick were going to pass out trying to give him praise. Too many sips of the Ness Kool-Aid I guess.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Agree! A lot like Crowley, but not as good a skater.
Warroad97

Post by Warroad97 »

its only Kool-Aid when the kid dont come through. Hes the real deal and its not hype. The best is yet to come
cjp8816

Post by cjp8816 »

I thought he was the best player @ State last year as well. I must have added too much sugar to my Ness flavored Kool-Aid.
hockeywatcher4

Post by hockeywatcher4 »

GOOD PLAYER FUN TO WATCH! AND THIS IS COMING FROM A HORNET FAN!
GR3343

Post by GR3343 »

Warroad97 wrote:its only Kool-Aid when the kid dont come through. Hes the real deal and its not hype. The best is yet to come
Let him actually get there before we crown him King though. The next level is a tremendous jump. Tougher yet when he's a middle sized kid playing against oversized men in a league that's extremely demanding. No Farmington's at the next level.(Although there is still an Alaska and Mich Tech)I hope he succeeds, and I'm sure he will to some extent. Just not expecting him to dominate and produce like he did in high school.
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

Warroad97 wrote:Ness = Mr. Hockey
better not, I am a HUGE GOPHER FAN and am excited for Ness. I think (and am guessing the associated agrees) that Mr. Hockey should go to a senior. I wouldnt be surprised if its Gleason or Gardiner
td577

Post by td577 »

parrish4president wrote:
better not, I am a HUGE GOPHER FAN and am excited for Ness. I think (and am guessing the associated agrees) that Mr. Hockey should go to a senior. I wouldnt be surprised if its Gleason or Gardiner
He is a senior. Being a finalist, I am thinking the associated does agree.
Amos

Post by Amos »

GR3343 wrote:
Let him actually get there before we crown him King though. The next level is a tremendous jump. Tougher yet when he's a middle sized kid playing against oversized men in a league that's extremely demanding. No Farmington's at the next level.(Although there is still an Alaska and Mich Tech)I hope he succeeds, and I'm sure he will to some extent. Just not expecting him to dominate and produce like he did in high school.
Puleeeeese.......did we have a bad night????
Warroad97

Post by Warroad97 »

td577 wrote:
parrish4president wrote:
He is a senior. Being a finalist, I am thinking the associated does agree.
I wouldnt be surprised if Gleason or Gardiner won either, but I have seen Ness alot and truely believe hes the one who should win it. Also he is a senior, he took two grade levels worth of classes to be able to do this so if hes able to graduate this year I would say he is a senior
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Ness is great to watch, he's gott'in a lot better since last year. Reminds me of Larry Olimb, but Ness is a little more physical.
Warrior18

Post by Warrior18 »

all i have to say is i am sick of hearing the announcers talking about ness. yes i agree he is a great player. but come on that was a joke about how much they talked about him.
rbk2090

NESS

Post by rbk2090 »

Warrior18 wrote:all i have to say is i am sick of hearing the announcers talking about ness. yes i agree he is a great player. but come on that was a joke about how much they talked about him.
I am also an Edina Fan, but this was the first time I have agreed with Nanne. This kid deserves all the attention. He is in a league of his own. I have no idea what you could possibly have against this stud, but get over it!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: KEEP IT UP LOU. YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT NESS.
Mr. Bo Dangles

Post by Mr. Bo Dangles »

Ness is great, but he is not better than crowley. tough to compare him to langenbrunner since they don't play same position, but I wouldn't put him ahead of a guy with 2 cups