#3 Warroad v.s. Litchfiel/Dassel-Cokato

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who will win

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:34 am

Warroad
86
84%
Litchfield/Dassel-Cokato
16
16%
 
Total votes: 102

Hockey Bob
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by Hockey Bob » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:37 pm

Litchfield doesn't stand a chance. Warroad 9-0.

ap4mvp
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:04 pm
Location: Snowmobiling

Post by ap4mvp » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:39 pm

wouldn't even be close

Warroad 8
LDC 2
If you only knew the power of the dark side!

Dragon_Pride
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Dragon_Pride » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:04 pm

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:Cream Puff??

I know its hard to compare scores but Warroad did lose to Mound and LDC beat them twice....It will be a tough road to haul, but nothing is impossible....
It's nice to see you have pride...but, your argument really isn't too good. That was Warroad's third game of the season after a long bus ride, as stated earlier. Also, LDC lost to St Cloud Cathedral twice, 6-2 and 7-2. Warroad beat them 3-1. Expect a blowout here, i was probably a bit conservative in my guess earlier.
I know my argument isn't "too good". Like I said, it will be a tough road, but you can't go in there thinking you're going to get stomped. Hopefully Warroad makes their way to the cities a day early. That bus ride argument isn't "too good" either.

curdog504
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by curdog504 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:28 pm

There is nothing like making it to the state tournament. Just being able to make it there is a feet in itself.

I was a member of the last LDC team to make it to the big dance in 1996, and I would like nothing more than to see the BIG GREEN MACHIENE take it to the Worriers.

Is it realistic? Probably not. Could it happen? DEFFENETLY.

This one is all gonna come down to the LDC goalie. If Lucas Johnson comes ready to play like he has in so many games this year (30 saves in win against New Ulm in 3A finals, and a 63 save effort in 3-2 loss to a very good Sauk Rapids-Rice team) they will win. If not, it might get ugly.

Either way, the towns of Litchfield, Dassel, and Cokato will take a lot of pride in knowing that they are watching something special.

I will be at the game on Wednesday and I will be cheering loud for all of the Alum from the 1996 4th place Litchfield Dassel Cokato DRAGONS!!!

GO BIG BREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SB24
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Post by SB24 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Dragon_Pride wrote:
I know my argument isn't "too good". Like I said, it will be a tough road, but you can't go in there thinking you're going to get stomped. Hopefully Warroad makes their way to the cities a day early. That bus ride argument isn't "too good" either.
Have you ever spent 7 hours on a bus and gotten off to play a hockey game?
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Puckguy19
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 9:01 am

Post by Puckguy19 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Warroad by 6 . . . or 7 . . . or 8. 8)

MNHockeyGuy08
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by MNHockeyGuy08 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:07 pm

I don't think that Mound game has any relevance. It was played at the beginning of the year.

That being said I'll take Warroad in a rout with a score of 7-1.

Dragon_Pride
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Dragon_Pride » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 pm

Like I said,its hard to compare scores. I was just throwing it out there. Obviously Warroad is good and LDC is the underdog,but there is a reason they play the games. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

warriors41
Posts: 656
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by warriors41 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:37 am

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:
I know my argument isn't "too good". Like I said, it will be a tough road, but you can't go in there thinking you're going to get stomped. Hopefully Warroad makes their way to the cities a day early. That bus ride argument isn't "too good" either.
Have you ever spent 7 hours on a bus and gotten off to play a hockey game?
The Warriors can't use that as an excuse, they are going down to the cities on Monday.

SB24
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Post by SB24 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:09 am

Perhaps you should read the thread. That comment was made about the Mound game, the third game of the year for the warriors. :roll:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Pond Puck
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Pond Puck » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:37 am

SB24 wrote:
Dragon_Pride wrote:Cream Puff??

I know its hard to compare scores but Warroad did lose to Mound and LDC beat them twice....It will be a tough road to haul, but nothing is impossible....
It's nice to see you have pride...but, your argument really isn't too good. That was Warroad's third game of the season after a long bus ride, as stated earlier. Also, LDC lost to St Cloud Cathedral twice, 6-2 and 7-2. Warroad beat them 3-1. Expect a blowout here, i was probably a bit conservative in my guess earlier.
Ya and that was pretty much against Cathedral's JV team.


Warroad 9
LDC - 2

STC18
Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:11 am

Post by STC18 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:29 pm

I expect Warroad to dominate, they davance with a cozy 7-0 win.
Ben Dover plays BOTH ways.

fivehole628
Posts: 1307
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by fivehole628 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:38 pm

Warroad- 5
LDC- 2

LDC will keep it close until the 3rd when Warroad breaks lose
Last edited by fivehole628 on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SB24
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Post by SB24 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:31 pm

but he'll let in three goals? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Ahockeyman
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:55 pm

Post by Ahockeyman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:48 pm

I have seen both these teams play and Litchfield has absolutely no response to Warroad's top line with Ravndalen. Sorry Litchfield, even if Lucas Johnson has the game of his life you'll still lose by 3.

ozzie679
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by ozzie679 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Warroad should win this one easily. Litch lost to Sartell...that's not too good.

dangleallday16
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by dangleallday16 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:00 pm

LDC-goose egg

Warroad-a bunch

dangleallday16
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by dangleallday16 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:03 pm

fivehole628 wrote:Upset!!!

LDC-4
Warroad-3

2 o.t.'s!!!
Lucas Johnson will be a BRICK WALL

a brickwall sieve?

Kurdatz
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:32 am
Location: West Dull Youth

Post by Kurdatz » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:47 pm

(puts on Spock shirt and ears and peers into that whatever thing he always looks into on Star Trek)

"Ahh yes, Captain I have delved into the records of the Minnesota State hockey tournament for the year you requested and the results were staggering...

A team called War Road I believe defeated Litchfield by a rather large margin."

(Kirk) "Spock enough of the stats man, just tell.....me.....the score!"

(Spock) "Captain, it wasn't what you humans call pretty"

(Kirk) "SPOCK!!!!!!"

(Spock) "The score was . . . . . oh.....oh dear. Captain I believe we have a power failure. Main library computer is off line, I shall effect repairs. You should have your results in four Earth days."

(Kirk) "Dammit Spock! Why? All you had to do was tell me the score?!"

(Spock) "Oh,...oh yes that. The team called War Road, as I believe it is pronounced Captain, does win quite handily." :lol:


I had to add some humor to this one....it was just getting too lopsided. :D
Duluth Denfeld Alum
tUMD Alum
former sect 7 ref

Jacketfan06
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:03 pm
Location: north eastern MN

Post by Jacketfan06 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:22 am

Warroad with a 5 to 3 win over Litchfield
*Carolina Hurricanes 2006 Stanley Cup Champions*

GVvikes
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by GVvikes » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:27 am

Warroad 10
Litchfield 1

The USHSHO site has Litchfield ranked 91 out of 154 teams, They had to play New Ulm that is ranked 97 to get to State. If we could only find a way to give Luverne or Sleepy Eye an easier route we should, but thats not possible!!

HasNoMoves
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:22 am

Post by HasNoMoves » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:56 am

11-0 Warroad....Litch has a losing record and a horrible schedule. This will be ugly, good thing its not on TV prime time...horrible ratings.

JB1708
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:19 am

Post by JB1708 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:24 am

yeah they should be real proud of the fact that the state high school league put them in the WORST section in the history of high school hockey!

Dragon_Pride
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Dragon_Pride » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Yah, I mean they should petition to change sections!! Better yet, maybe the MSHSL should put a team like Thief River in the secion so they can make it to state every year and make all you guys happy. Give them the credit they deserve for making it to state.

SB24
Posts: 1474
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Post by SB24 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Dragon_Pride wrote:Yah, I mean they should petition to change sections!! Better yet, maybe the MSHSL should put a team like Thief River in the secion so they can make it to state every year and make all you guys happy. Give them the credit they deserve for making it to state.
I think they are...you did say "deserve" :roll:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008

Post Reply