Albert Lea @ Mankato West PART II

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

LetsPlayHockey

Albert Lea @ Mankato West PART II

Post by LetsPlayHockey »

Predictions???
gruntcall

Post by gruntcall »

west by 3.
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

west by 2
ap4mvp

Post by ap4mvp »

AL by 2
If you only knew the power of the dark side!
darkdemon

Post by darkdemon »

I'll take AL by 1 in OT
The DEMON
southernmnscout

Post by southernmnscout »

AL by 3
RSI

Post by RSI »

Homer pick :lol:

AL 4
West 2
Iced God

Post by Iced God »

Alright, let's get technical, let's look at the law of averages. First, I want to qualify my prediction by saying that I am relying on the Big 9 hockey stats page to be correct.

Since the beginning of January both teams have played 10 games each. AL has 386 shots on goal and MW has had 375 shots on goal during that time period. The overall save %'s for both AL goalies have been nearly identical. For MW, Bruggeman's save % is slightly better than Trautman.

After working in the average shots on goal per game over the last 10 games for each team and taking into account the save % for the goalies, my prediction is this:

1) If Bruggeman is in net: AL-3
MW-3

2) If Trautman is in net: AL-4
MW-3

I am assuming that Bruggeman will be in net (nothing against Trautman, I don't even know the guy), but Bruggeman has played more games. I am thinking this one will be a tie or MW winning in OT. Being the game is in Kato, I gotta give the nod to the home team.
Where_is_the_bridge?

Post by Where_is_the_bridge? »

West 5 (ENG) AL 3
beefer18

Post by beefer18 »

AL-5
MW-3

GO TIGERS!
davey

Post by davey »

Iced God wrote:Alright, let's get technical, let's look at the law of averages. First, I want to qualify my prediction by saying that I am relying on the Big 9 hockey stats page to be correct.

Since the beginning of January both teams have played 10 games each. AL has 386 shots on goal and MW has had 375 shots on goal during that time period. The overall save %'s for both AL goalies have been nearly identical. For MW, Bruggeman's save % is slightly better than Trautman.

After working in the average shots on goal per game over the last 10 games for each team and taking into account the save % for the goalies, my prediction is this:

1) If Bruggeman is in net: AL-3
MW-3

2) If Trautman is in net: AL-4
MW-3

I am assuming that Bruggeman will be in net (nothing against Trautman, I don't even know the guy), but Bruggeman has played more games. I am thinking this one will be a tie or MW winning in OT. Being the game is in Kato, I gotta give the nod to the home team.
This guy has too much time on his hands. All I can say is get to All Seasons early if you want a place to sit. Section 2A girls quarterfinal between East and West proceeds this game with the girls starting at 6:00 p.m. I assume the West Al boys game may start a little late
Iced God

Post by Iced God »

All I got is time davey! In all seriousness, both of these teams are firing on all cylinders right now. This should be an excellent game to watch.
NDfightingirish35

Post by NDfightingirish35 »

West 3(ENG)
AL 1

AL: Maybe playing the best hockey out of any team in the section as of late. Solid goaltending and they work their butts off every shift. The question is do they have enough speed to skate with West for a whole game?

West: Have also been playing good as of late. As we know they are very good up front. The D have been playing good as well. I think their nerves got the better of them last time these two met cause what I saw wasn't real West hockey. The question for them is do they have the heart and grit to play with AL?

Both coaches will have the teams ready to go. Should be one heck of a game. :D
Tigerpride2

Post by Tigerpride2 »

should be a good matchup, as far as AL matching their speed for an entire game... they matched it pretty well last time these two teams met and if you follow the AL program you know they only get stronger as the season goes on.

AL 4
West 2
State Bound

Post by State Bound »

Tomorrows game against AL and MW will rely on which of the two teams can stay out of the box. If leivermann and litchfield get taken off their game early, that puts them out and leaves the rest of the west squad to fill their shoes. If AL fails that part, then those two will be on all night. 5 on 5 this will be one of the fastest games in the big 9. Whichever teams PP and PK comes out as the higher percentage of the game, will win. I am not picking any team to win, it will solely come down to whoever can score on their powerplays, and who can kill off their penalties.
gruntcall

AL VS. West II

Post by gruntcall »

Let's just hope the ref's do not have such an impact on this game as they did the last time these two met. AL will have to slow West down as they did last time. Not a team in this section can skate 5 on 5 with this team. AL must stay out of the box, they can not contain West down a man. This aught to be a barnburner tonight, can't wait. IF, big IF, West's top guns stay out of the box, this will be a three goal game. If not, AL again will have a good chance of taking the game away as they did there. Both goalies played great last time, expect that again. Bruggeman will be in net, and ready for action. Look for #7 & #27 to have a big night for WEST.
They have been waiting for this rematch for a few weeks.
Edger

Post by Edger »

This may be the best match-up southern MN has seen in years, maybe ever.
Either of these teams would represent 1A very well.
As has been said, special teams will be huge.
MW may win this one with more emotion going for them (at home), but that won't count AL out of anything down the road. Very little bothers AL. They get stronger and adapt to everything that happens to them. Great coaching staff.
West is stronger overall than most thought they'd be, that's also a tribute to their coaching staff. They will be very tough to beat in their own barn.
Probably should have moved this one to the big rink. They'll be turning them away at ASA.
Can't wait until the winner of this section gets up to the X and once and for all shuts up the rest of the state. There are at least 3 teams in 1A that can play with, and beat, anyone.
LZ94

Re: AL VS. West II

Post by LZ94 »

gruntcall wrote:Let's just hope the ref's do not have such an impact on this game as they did the last time these two met.
Curious as to how the ref's had an impact in the last game.
gruntcall

Post by gruntcall »

LZ94 wrote:
gruntcall wrote:Let's just hope the ref's do not have such an impact on this game as they did the last time these two met.
they were very pro AL. 1.)AL was taking shots at Lieverman all game and only got called once. he took two rib PLEASE BAN ME as he was going to the bench that were right in front of the ref with no call. 2.)took two players to the box when west player did nothing (that i saw), 3.)couple questionable off sides too (on odd man rushes).
was a great game, just thought the ref's had to much to do with the outcome. just hope it doesn't happen tonight for West or AL. hope the best team win's on it's own. much like West and Lourdes last week. great high school hockey!
davey

Post by davey »

gruntcall wrote:
LZ94 wrote:
they were very pro AL. 1.)AL was taking shots at Lieverman all game and only got called once. he took two rib PLEASE BAN ME as he was going to the bench that were right in front of the ref with no call. 2.)took two players to the box when west player did nothing (that i saw), 3.)couple questionable off sides too (on odd man rushes).
was a great game, just thought the ref's had to much to do with the outcome. just hope it doesn't happen tonight for West or AL. hope the best team win's on it's own. much like West and Lourdes last week. great high school hockey!
I'm a West backer and I thought the game was called great in AL compared to some of the games the local yokals have called here. PLEASE NO JB tonight or you will see a parade from both teams to the box
jackstraw

tonight

Post by jackstraw »

Can someone verify if the girls West/East game starts at 6:00? If that is so, are we looking at about an 8:00 start?
Dog_Log17

Mankato West vs Albert Lea

Post by Dog_Log17 »

I like West in this one. I think there the better team and will begin there run at State tonight. 5-3 Scarlets!!
gruntcall

Post by gruntcall »

8pm start time for the boys game tonight
gruntcall

Post by gruntcall »

agreed davey, about JB.
Dog_Log17

JB??

Post by Dog_Log17 »

Is JB that punk who called 31 penalties during the Mayo game? Man he sucks!