Hill Murray (11-2) @ St Thomas (12-1) 1-10-08

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes the conference lead?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 am

Cadets
48%
Pioneers
52%

Total votes: 60

HShockeywatcher

Hill Murray (11-2) @ St Thomas (12-1) 1-10-08

Post by HShockeywatcher »

This game is for the conference lead and is played at St Thomas' ice. St Thomas has the home ice advantage this year as these two don't play at Aldrich this year; next thursday in Mendota Heights then their second game is at the X. Two good private schools, should be a good match up.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I'd expect a high scoring, high-flying and high intensity game on Thursday. I think both teams willbe taking each other seriously and this should be a fun game to watch. Seeing both teams a few times this year, I would really be surprised if this game ends up being easy for either team. I plan to be there early as I bet it has a nice large crowd...

It is on myfoxhockey.com for those that are interested...
hckyfan2315

Post by hckyfan2315 »

Sparlim, does myfoxhockey do live coverage or just updates i've never seen that before?
Hillfan

Post by Hillfan »

Fox9 has live coverage. Anyone know if the streaming has improved since the beginning of the year? I remember it was practically unwatchable at that time...

Should be a good one, too bad I'll have to miss it. Sparlimb is probably right, it'll be close but goals could be plentiful.

Pioneers 5, Cadets 4
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

I have watched myfoxhockey a few times and the service was good and bad. When Burnsville played Edina the stream was great. I have also seen that the transmission is shotty....
scoreboard33

Post by scoreboard33 »

Hillfan wrote:Fox9 has live coverage. Anyone know if the streaming has improved since the beginning of the year? I remember it was practically unwatchable at that time...

Should be a good one, too bad I'll have to miss it. Sparlimb is probably right, it'll be close but goals could be plentiful.

Pioneers 5, Cadets 4
It was bad at the beginning of the year, got better and had some very good coverage, especially the holiday classic, and then Edina vs. Centennial had no video and was just sound.

Should be a very good game, but I think it won't be two high scoring.

Hill 4
STA 2
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

Both private schools :!:

I hope in some miraculous way they both lose.

In reality i think STA wins by a pair
BB
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Bash Brother wrote:Both private schools :!:

:lol:
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

wbmd wrote:
Bash Brother wrote:Both private schools :!:

:lol:

They already do! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hcky09

Post by hcky09 »

This should be a good game! Both teams have explosive offence with very average defence. 5-3 pioneers.
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

I have seen both teams play multiple times this year, and I don't see Hill having much trouble with STA. Hill has to much size and speed.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

formerlybackofnet wrote:I have seen both teams play multiple times this year, and I don't see Hill having much trouble with STA. Hill has to much size and speed.
Not to mention that Hill should be better prepared due to a tougher schedule.

Hill-Murray by 2.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Hill Murray Pioneers 23

STA Bellhops 2

Phillipi has a bad game.
hockeyxfan01

Post by hockeyxfan01 »

Basically, St. Thomas has to start out strong if they want to pull off the win. Once Hill gets rolling, their a difficult team to stop.

STA 3
HM 2

I'm going with the underdog :)
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

hockeyxfan01 wrote:Basically, St. Thomas has to start out strong if they want to pull off the win. Once Hill gets rolling, their a difficult team to stop.

STA 3
HM 2

I'm going with the underdog :)
According to PS2 and Mitch's ratings, Hill is the underdog. We're going to have to play a perfect game to upset STA. Some lucky bounces and "hands of God" type plays will help get it done. I hope Hill can keep up with the giants of this year, STA...
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

I don't think there's an underdog in this game. St Thomas has the home ice advantage and Hill has the advantage of a goalie who's older and much more experienced.

I think it's hilarious how people come on here and say "team A is small and quick, they'll just get crushed by team B." Yes, Benilde was a lot bigger than St Thomas, no doubt. But St Thomas didn't get handled by them because they are much quicker. Speed wins every time.
gongshowhockey

Post by gongshowhockey »

i will most definetely be attending this game
goldenhockey20

Post by goldenhockey20 »

Hill will wins this game...if anyone for some reason is doubting how good this team is they'll prove it to you in this game versus the cadets

Hill 5
STA 3
Bash Brother

Post by Bash Brother »

i should have been more soecific. when i said STA by a pair i meant:

STA-17
HM-15
BB
windtomyback

Post by windtomyback »

I've seen both teams a couple of times now. Can't call it on skill, not knowing which game they will bring, but based on the kids, I'm rooting for HM. I know several of them and they're really good kids. The only thing I know about St. Thomas is HS Hockeywatcher. Thus.......here's hoping for 5-2 Hill.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

I think the Pioneers can win this if their defense decides to play some defense and not be trying to get too many points offensively.
Orty

Post by Orty »

Should be a good one. I don't see how HM can lose this game.

I'll take HM 6 - STA 3

Orty
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

hill 5-2
mnhock04

Post by mnhock04 »

Cadets-4
Hill-2
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

I have to go with Hill-Murray on this one. They will be looking to get some revenge on STA from last year's lost there. Hill-Murray's defense will step it up and play very well and the offense will continue to be there.

Pioneers - 6

Cadets - 1