Hill Murray (11-2) @ St Thomas (12-1) 1-10-08

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who takes the conference lead?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:46 am

Cadets
48%
Pioneers
52%

Total votes: 60

breakout

Post by breakout »

H-M 4 Life wrote:I have to go with Hill-Murray on this one. They will be looking to get some revenge on STA from last year's lost there. Hill-Murray's defense will step it up and play very well and the offense will continue to be there.

Pioneers - 6

Cadets - 1

Wish I knew who you are so I could wager with you. 6 to 1??? Another way off homer pick by H-M 4 Life.

Hill may win, but it will be close. However, I think STA is going to win this one.
pistol

Post by pistol »

HM4Life might be right that Hill will choke

only beating by five a team they should beat by ten.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

The only non-conference common opponent is Benilde. Both teams won by two goals, STA 6-4 and HM 3-1. The one conference game I look at is Tartan; St Thomas won 7-0 and Hill lost 2-3. Yes it was an off night and an upset, but an off night should've been winning by 3, not losing.

Neither team has played any games and proven themselves to be the better team yet. Without the Tartan loss I'd give Hill the advantage with Phillippi in net. With the Tartan loss we know he's human and I'd say this will be very close.
Mario58

Post by Mario58 »

Hill by 2..close game...
creampie09

Post by creampie09 »

sta is on a hot streak... they will be hard to stop

sta 4 hill 2
minus3db

Post by minus3db »

Some were wondering about live updates on the game(STA vs HillMurry). MSBN also shows they will do a live webcast of the game.

www.mnsportsnetwork.com

It is a radio style broadcast.

I've seen STA play, not HM yet. STA played well against Richfield, but sloppy at times, especially early.

Should be a great game.
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

Hill is overrated, the Cadets are the better team. Hill has quick speed and a great tender in Phillippi. However, STA matches up perfect against Hill's lines and on top of that they are the better. STA will beat them I predict 5-3.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Anybody know when tickets go on sale?
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

Pioneers you are scaring me. Is it possible for this to be a sell out and I won't get in?
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

minus3db wrote:Some were wondering about live updates on the game(STA vs HillMurry). MSBN also shows they will do a live webcast of the game.

www.mnsportsnetwork.com

It is a radio style broadcast.

I've seen STA play, not HM yet. STA played well against Richfield, but sloppy at times, especially early.

Should be a great game.
Myfoxhockey.com is broadcasting the video for free. But if audio is all you want, go for it...
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Charliedog wrote:Pioneers you are scaring me. Is it possible for this to be a sell out and I won't get in?
You should be able to get in. I was just going to be in the area during the day and was curious ifthe tickets were on sale early.
HShockeywatcher

This won't fill up like an STA/CDH game does, but there's only seating on one side and this conference, private school rivalry has become pretty big. I wouldn't be surprised if they got close to the recommended number of occupants.
pistol

Post by pistol »

No way I'm sitting on the STA side... I'd rather stand by the Zamboni doors!
HShockeywatcher

The Zamboni doors are on the STA side...
pistol

Post by pistol »

Sounds like a horrible place to watch hockey.

Plus the ant problem and all...

Maybe enough Hill fans will show to class up the joint.

Where do the ladies go with no girls' restrooms at STA?
mnhockey9009

Post by mnhockey9009 »

pistol's got jokes.
If you look good, you play good.
relax please

Post by relax please »

In their pants most likely
Zeke16

Post by Zeke16 »

"wbmd wrote:
Bash Brother wrote:
Both private schools Exclamation

I hope in some miraculous way they both lose.

Laughing

They already do! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "

Duhhhh, now there's 3 geniuses! the pride of the public
DENIED

Post by DENIED »

I hope Hill can pull this game out. If they can get a little respect from the zebras in that buiding it would be a miracle!
I watched Richfield go up 2-0 on STA last Sat. before the zebras desided to start helping our little cadets out. A totally pathetic display!
When both teams were even strength the score was 4-4.
The no calls on STA and phantom calls against Richfield :roll: I don't think STA needs any help beating up a team that had around 25 kids total trying out for hockey. That and the disrespect for there opponents makes
STA easy to hate!
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

DENIED wrote:I hope Hill can pull this game out. If they can get a little respect from the zebras in that buiding it would be a miracle!
I watched Richfield go up 2-0 on STA last Sat. before the zebras desided to start helping our little cadets out. A totally pathetic display!
When both teams were even strength the score was 4-4.
The no calls on STA and phantom calls against Richfield :roll: I don't think STA needs any help beating up a team that had around 25 kids total trying out for hockey. That and the disrespect for there opponents makes
STA easy to hate!
Obviously a fair and balanced post with no agenda. You should work for Fox News...
HShockeywatcher

Totally agree with Sparlimb.

I agree if that happened it's disappointing, but why would you hate the team for that? I've watched many a game where this happens in hockey and basketball. If the refs are letting it happen, why wouldn't the players take advantage of it? It doesn't make the team look bad, just the refs.

And I'm not sure what disrespect you're talking about that other teams don't show. Last night Roseau players went up to the glass in front of Warroad fans and jumped on the glass and celebrated; when interviewed both teams said they're friends with the other. It's part of the game. On top of that, they are the only team I've seen whose whole team sits while they're on the bench.

In addition, I remember a few years ago the two were playing at Aldrich where Hill was up one goal, St Thomas was on a power play and Hill scored with 5 guys on the ice. Instead of being down one with a 5 on 3 they were then down two with just their power play. But after that happened I didn't hate Hill any, they didn't miss the call. Bad calls happen everywhere, it shouldn't reflect on the home team.

Good luck to both teams, it should be a good close game. I'll be watching the whole thing on myFOXhockey.com.
windtomyback

Post by windtomyback »

Tend to agree with Sparlimb also, but geez.......do we really need your lengthy dissertation and knowledgable blow by blow? Or exactly where you personally are going to be watching it? You might get a little more respect if you could possibly remove yourself from the picture once in a while.
Hilltopper99

Post by Hilltopper99 »

Watched both teams back to back at the X on finals night of Schwann Cup. STA looked like the better team that one particular evening (hit their passes, finished at the net, checked pretty well) so I'm going with them 5-2. Hill usually improves throughout the season (until they get to state) and I fully expect them to pay the cadets back at the X on FSN. I root for Hill, but gotta give the upper hand to STA - this time. Hope I'm wrong.
formerlybackofnet

Post by formerlybackofnet »

the only way Hill loses, is if Phillippi chokes. He will can do this in some big games. (except agianst WBL)
parrish4president

Post by parrish4president »

formerlybackofnet wrote:the only way Hill loses, is if Phillippi chokes. He will can do this in some big games. (except agianst WBL)
The only way hill loses? STA is the better team and will crush them. D always beats a good O! I am gonna call it out again, this time 5-3 STA