USHL Draft List

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The hockey state

USHL Draft List

Post by The hockey state »

When does the current draft list get posted?
breakout

Post by breakout »

Is the draft coming up in October? Or, later in the year?
breakout

Re: USHL Draft List

Post by breakout »

The hockey state wrote:When does the current draft list get posted?
Here is the draft list on the website. Take a look at the bottom.

http://ushl.com/centralscouting/draftlists.cfm
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

yea but that list hasnt been updated for awhile. so i dont know if they are going to have a new list before the futures draft or not? but id like to see it.
The hockey state

Post by The hockey state »

Ya that is the old draft list.
breakout

Post by breakout »

That section says it was revised on 9-16-07. Not sure if the draft list was revised as well.
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

Are you interested in the list for the upcoming "Affiliated Draft", or for the Entry draft next May? If you're curious about the draft next spring, the list will change over time. If for the upcoming (I don't know date, do you?) Affiliated Draft, then I would say that this is it. Keep in mind (experience speaking here) that most of the teams draft based on their own scouting than the list since more emphasise is on "name power" than actual ability on the draft list. But it is good information to start discussions.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Blue&Gold wrote:Are you interested in the list for the upcoming "Affiliated Draft", or for the Entry draft next May? If you're curious about the draft next spring, the list will change over time. If for the upcoming (I don't know date, do you?) Affiliated Draft, then I would say that this is it. Keep in mind (experience speaking here) that most of the teams draft based on their own scouting than the list since more emphasise is on "name power" than actual ability on the draft list. But it is good information to start discussions.

Excuse my ignorance, what is the difference between Affiliated Draft and Entry Draft?
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

breakout wrote:
Excuse my ignorance...
What, AGAIN?
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:
breakout wrote:
Excuse my ignorance...
What, AGAIN?

:shock: #-o ](*,) :-s :? =P~
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

While you wait for an answer, amuse yourself...

The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Blue&Gold

Post by Blue&Gold »

breakout wrote:
Blue&Gold wrote:Are you interested in the list for the upcoming "Affiliated Draft", or for the Entry draft next May? If you're curious about the draft next spring, the list will change over time. If for the upcoming (I don't know date, do you?) Affiliated Draft, then I would say that this is it. Keep in mind (experience speaking here) that most of the teams draft based on their own scouting than the list since more emphasise is on "name power" than actual ability on the draft list. But it is good information to start discussions.

Excuse my ignorance, what is the difference between Affiliated Draft and Entry Draft?
As has been talked about in other threads... The Affiliate Draft replaced the old "Futures Draft". In the fall, USHL teams draft younger players and hold their rights for a certain period of time. Entry draft is in the spring, and that is the draft to get the kids into the tryout camps and the plan is for them to be playing that next season if all goes well.
sicknasty7722

Post by sicknasty7722 »

may i note that the draft lists need desperately to be updated.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

sicknasty7722 wrote:may i note that the draft lists need desperately to be updated.
I agree. Does anyone know the exact date of the draft?
Offside

Post by Offside »

October 3