1a predictions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyfan_atic

Post by hockeyfan_atic »

LC 2 Lourdes 5

NP 3 RW 4 (OT)

Fairboult 3 West 9

AL 3 Northfield 4
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Wheres the NP RW game gonna be?

NP: 5-3
Scarlets: 12-2
Tigers: 6-2 if waalkens 5-4 if distad
Eagles: 7-1
jackstraw

1a

Post by jackstraw »

I feel there is only 1 game that won't be close, Lourdes/LaC, that's what the 1 seed will do for you! The other 3 could go either way if you don't show up to play. West and AL are probably better teams with all things equal, but I think North. and Far. could jump up and bite. NP/RW could end up being one for the ages.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

1A prediction.......2 and out at the show :roll:
cheese

Post by cheese »

BIAFP your an idiot! the top 5 teams could not only compete but win at state. you just wait, im gonna make a call that the team coming out of 1A either wins state or loses to STA

Lourdes 6 LaCresent 3
Red Wing 3 New Prague 5 EN
Faribault 4 West 2 EN (west won twice earlier, will definitely overlook this faribo team. may not happen but thats what im hoping for. good luck!)
Northfield 1 Albert Lea 5[/b]
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

[quote="cheese"] the top 5 teams could not only compete but win at state. you just wait, im gonna make a call that the team coming out of 1A either wins state or loses to STA

The winner of this section will not be seeded in the top four and has zero chance of winning or making the finals :roll:
iloveburritos

Post by iloveburritos »

no way 1a will go two and out at the state tournament. 1a has become one of the stongest single a sections in the state this year. lourdes west albert lea red wing or new prague could all do some damage at state.

i think west/lourdes has enough speed/skill to keep up with almost any single a team out there.

albert lea is tough and gritty that irratates any team

new prague is on fire right now

red wing - if they're good enough to beat these teams than they must be able to do some damage up there.
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

iloveburritos wrote:no way 1a will go two and out at the state tournament. 1a has become one of the stongest single a sections in the state this year.

Now that's funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
davey

Post by davey »

BIAFP wrote:
cheese wrote: the top 5 teams could not only compete but win at state. you just wait, im gonna make a call that the team coming out of 1A either wins state or loses to STA

The winner of this section will not be seeded in the top four and has zero chance of winning or making the finals :roll:
So who will be the top 4 seeds. Pretty tough to make a prediction that the 1A winner won't be a top 4 seed. Definately the deepest section. 5 teams in the top 15. Also, what about upsets. Say Warroad gets upset. No way 8A will get a top 4 seed. If STA gets upset, that section might not get a top 4. Just too many variables to make an idiotic prediction like this BIAFP
jackstraw

1a

Post by jackstraw »

Boy.I.Am.Frigglin.Pitiful, have you seen any 1a teams this year? There is some very good hockey being played down here. Not sure if you are familiar with any of the rankings, but the 1a schools have collectively shown themselves pretty well.
BIAFP

Re: 1a

Post by BIAFP »

jackstraw wrote:Boy.I.Am.Frigglin.Pitiful, have you seen any 1a teams this year? There is some very good hockey being played down here. Not sure if you are familiar with any of the rankings, but the 1a schools have collectively shown themselves pretty well.

The top five teams in 7A alone would put the best 1A could deliver into running time :roll:
jackstraw

?

Post by jackstraw »

BIAFP, so you think IFalls would put Albert Lea into run time if they were to play? So you haven't really checked out any of these teams.
puckluvr

Post by puckluvr »

BIAFP wrote:
jackstraw wrote:Boy.I.Am.Frigglin.Pitiful, have you seen any 1a teams this year? There is some very good hockey being played down here. Not sure if you are familiar with any of the rankings, but the 1a schools have collectively shown themselves pretty well.

The top five teams in 7A alone would put the best 1A could deliver into running time :roll:
HEY GENIUS, look at I Falls record and schedule from this year. They played Albert Lea in Rochester earlier this year and I think it went into OT. Do they have running time in OT?
:roll:
EaglehockeyI

Post by EaglehockeyI »

BIAFP wrote:1A prediction.......2 and out at the show :roll:
you must have just come out of a coma. i'll get you up to speed. this isn't the old 1A from the last few years. they moved the mankato teams, albert lea, austin into a section with lourdes, red wing, new prague, northfield and several other teams to form a new section 1A. no teams west of mankato are in it. not only will the 1A representative not go 2 and out, i predict they will get seeded and go at least 2-1. try trowling in the 3A thread if you feel like bashing teams. you won't be very well received there either, but at least you won't look like such a fool.
fubar-errr-what

Post by fubar-errr-what »

The top five teams in 7A alone would put the best 1A could deliver into running time :roll:[/quote]

the 5 seed in section red wing lost to STA 3-0 and tied mahtomedi 3-3 beat breck and beat SSP

AL- beat Denfeld and lost to I-falls 3-2ot
Lourdes-Lost to I-falls 3-2, Lost to SCC 3-2 beat breck, blake, alexandria, totino
NP-Beat Denfeld, Orono
EaglehockeyI

Post by EaglehockeyI »

hockeyfan_atic wrote:LC 2 Lourdes 5

NP 3 RW 4 (OT)

Fairboult 3 West 9

AL 3 Northfield 4
lourdes 8 lac 1

west 7 faribo 3

alb lea 5 nfld 3

rdwing 5 nprague 4 ot
just a guy

Post by just a guy »

Lourdes 6 LC 1

NP 4 RW 3

AL 5 NF 1

West 8 Faribo 1
hockeypurist

Post by hockeypurist »

davey wrote:
BIAFP wrote:
cheese wrote: the top 5 teams could not only compete but win at state. you just wait, im gonna make a call that the team coming out of 1A either wins state or loses to STA

So who will be the top 4 seeds. Pretty tough to make a prediction that the 1A winner won't be a top 4 seed. Definately the deepest section. 5 teams in the top 15. Also, what about upsets. Say Warroad gets upset. No way 8A will get a top 4 seed. If STA gets upset, that section might not get a top 4. Just too many variables to make an idiotic prediction like this BIAFP
Well, BIAFP, what is YOUR seeding prediction?? You seem to be avoiding the challenge! Or do you have to find a map just to see where Section 1a is? Or better yet, find your dictionary, that you rarely used during your 6 years of Junior High, in order to spell those multi-syllable city names? :lol:
hockeypurist

Post by hockeypurist »

EaglehockeyI wrote:
BIAFP wrote:1A prediction.......2 and out at the show :roll:
you must have just come out of a coma. i'll get you up to speed. this isn't the old 1A from the last few years. they moved the mankato teams, albert lea, austin into a section with lourdes, red wing, new prague, northfield and several other teams to form a new section 1A. no teams west of mankato are in it. not only will the 1A representative not go 2 and out, i predict they will get seeded and go at least 2-1. try trowling in the 3A thread if you feel like bashing teams. you won't be very well received there either, but at least you won't look like such a fool.
Well said, Eaglehockey1. I, too, am tired of these self-righteous northerners dropping inflammatory comments with ignorance as their only line of evidence! They must be awfully bored and cold this time of year. I hope the sheep are well protected! :shock:
hockeyfan_atic

Post by hockeyfan_atic »

cheese wrote: Faribault 4 West 2 EN (west won twice earlier, will definitely overlook this faribo team. may not happen but thats what im hoping for. good luck!)
"may not happen" it won't happen. West beat fairboult 8-1 and 10-2 and even if west does overlook them it will still be at least a 3 or 4 point win. but yeah good luck fairbo!!
tpshockey30

Post by tpshockey30 »

Faribault has no chance
Where_is_the_bridge?

Post by Where_is_the_bridge? »

Just take a look at the last time someone called that Fairbo would beat West...West pompled them 10-2.
HockeyStud3

Post by HockeyStud3 »

LAC 4(empty net) Lourdes 2

NP 3 RW 5

Fairboult 2 West 9

AL 6 Northfield 1
Black Ice

Post by Black Ice »

hockeyfan_atic wrote:
cheese wrote: Faribault 4 West 2 EN (west won twice earlier, will definitely overlook this faribo team. may not happen but thats what im hoping for. good luck!)
"may not happen" it won't happen. West beat fairboult 8-1 and 10-2 and even if west does overlook them it will still be at least a 3 or 4 point win. but yeah good luck fairbo!!
Last year West had the experience of losing a section game to someone they should have beaten. That will help them this year in not overlooking anyone. Instead of tightening up, if they get behind or find themselves in a close game, they'll stay poised and elevate their play.
cheese

Post by cheese »

haha im sorry guys, i know they probably wont win just cuz west is that good, but i am proud of where i come from and obviously push for an upset when that is my team out there. but good luck to faribault and good luck to everyone in 1A, i know the winner of this section will represent well and kick butt in state. SOUTHERN hockey rules!