Chris Student

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Doc Holliday

Chris Student

Post by Doc Holliday »

I heard a rumor from a reliable source that Chris Student is transferring to Edina.

Anybody heard anything?
jiffylube131

Post by jiffylube131 »

ya i heard that every hockey player in the state is going to form a super team in edina
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

jiffylube131 wrote:ya i heard that every hockey player in the state is going to form a super team in edina
...except for Festler and Hanowski. Everybody knows that they can only score against crappy teams.
RLStars

Post by RLStars »

The Exiled One wrote:
jiffylube131 wrote:ya i heard that every hockey player in the state is going to form a super team in edina
...except for Festler and Hanowski. Everybody knows that they can only score against crappy teams.
Ouch! That hurt just reading it.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

The only small problem with Chris Student transferring to Edina is the fact the he would have to sit out his senior season. That would be a tad ill advised.
hockeydad

Post by hockeydad »

He wouldn't have to sit if his family moved into the Edina school district.
davey

Post by davey »

hockeyxprt1 wrote:The only small problem with Chris Student transferring to Edina is the fact the he would have to sit out his senior season. That would be a tad ill advised.
Or if he filed the necessary paperwork before March 30th
MNHockey08

Post by MNHockey08 »

Didn't Student play for Edina in youth hockey? So his parents probably still live in Edina, unless they moved when he went to Benilde.
atomK

Post by atomK »

He already lives in Edina. Played Edina Youth hockey before he went to BSM.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

He played for Benilde when Pauley was the coach and unless Student doesn't like him for some reason, I'd be surprised if he went back to Edina for his senior year. Student already verbally committed to an Eastern school.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

Student never played for Pauly; he left BSM prior to Student's freshman year. This post is silly, Student will not transfer out of BSM.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

No, I think Student did play for Pauley. He is a senior now and Pauley had him when he was a Freshman...unless Pauley has been at Minnetonka longer than I thought.
the_truth

Post by the_truth »

i wouldnt see a major reason for him to go to edina. sure those sophmores there were good last year and will be better this year, but bsm is a very solid team so if getting to state is the reason its a bad one. he should be good enough to carry bsm to state with a big C on his left shoulder, and if hes not then there isnt any reason to be talking about him.
breakout

Post by breakout »

the_truth wrote:i wouldnt see a major reason for him to go to edina. sure those sophmores there were good last year and will be better this year, but bsm is a very solid team so if getting to state is the reason its a bad one. he should be good enough to carry bsm to state with a big C on his left shoulder, and if hes not then there isnt any reason to be talking about him.
Didn't he have the C last year?

What I don't get is Student's signing commitment. Would have liked to seem in a WCHA jersey.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

With a last name like "Student", he has no choice but to go to an eastern school.
kickinwing

Post by kickinwing »

i heard from many reliable sources that Edina does'nt want him.
waylon

student

Post by waylon »

He left Edina at the last hr as a 2nd year Bantam,and pissed alot of people off.They went ahead and won the Bantam A state tourney without him.I'm sure he would not be welcome with open arms!!!!!!!
________
BDSM LEATHER
Last edited by waylon on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockeyguy_27

Re: student

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

waylon wrote:He left Edina at the last hr as a 2nd year Bantam,and pissed alot of people off.They went ahead and won the Bantam A state tourney without him.I'm sure he would not be welcome with open arms!!!!!!!
I think some of you have an over inflated opinion of how good Edina is going to be. I can't imagine ANY team in the state not wanting arguably the best defenseman around. I know Edina is going to be good but not so good they wouldn't want a player like Chris Student.
Puckhead00

Post by Puckhead00 »

I can't recall, to what Eastern team did Chris commit?
breakout

Re: student

Post by breakout »

Hockeyguy_27 wrote:
waylon wrote:He left Edina at the last hr as a 2nd year Bantam,and pissed alot of people off.They went ahead and won the Bantam A state tourney without him.I'm sure he would not be welcome with open arms!!!!!!!
I think some of you have an over inflated opinion of how good Edina is going to be. I can't imagine ANY team in the state not wanting arguably the best defenseman around. I know Edina is going to be good but not so good they wouldn't want a player like Chris Student.
If Student was the top D he would have had a full ride offer from the U, UND, UMD, St. Cloud, CC, DU, etc. Maybe he didn't want to play in the WCHA. I would find that hard to believe since it is arguably the top conference in college hockey. Plus, it would be a lot easier for Mom and Dad to get to games. I don't think Dad has missed a game.........ever

I will certainly give him top ten, which in my opinion is outstanding.
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

Maybe he didnt commit to a WCHA school because of he size? To me, his skill and skating ability should be enough to get him to a big school. But size could be a factor.
breakout

Post by breakout »

gmoola89 wrote:Maybe he didnt commit to a WCHA school because of he size? To me, his skill and skating ability should be enough to get him to a big school. But size could be a factor.
You may be right. In my mind, his skating ability and decision making should make up for that. Keep in mind, Gleason from Edina is not a big guy. He is headed for the Sioux.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

How much would a full ride be worth at Princeton? Harvard? You might be off track on your motive.
breakout

Post by breakout »

Neutron 14 wrote:How much would a full ride be worth at Princeton? Harvard? You might be off track on your motive.
Are they giving full rides to those schools?

Not sure that I understand your point.

Do you have insider info? Share........I won't tell anyone :-#

I'll stick to my guns, I would have loved to see him in a WCHA jersey. If academics was the driving factor............can't argue with that choice.

Either way I wish him well.
dangles07

Post by dangles07 »

Student is going to Northeastern and is returning to Benilde St. Margaret's