Lake Conference

hockeyJ

Lake Conference

Post by hockeyJ »

I'm looking at the lake this year and as always Jefferson will prolly be the team to beat but there are some others rising up, apprently some people are sayin Apple Valley will be good, possibly Eastview I've heard and Burnsville will put up some fights and ofcourse EP will always be hard to beat, but i look at this season, will any of these teams prove to be better than Jefferson, last year they tied Ep and lost to Burnsville once, but that was about it? Will some teams step up this and knock Jefferson off??? Also, who does Jefferson have playin on their teams this year that'll be any good besides Levine and Lee their Goalie? <p></p><i></i>
HockeyHoser09

Jags

Post by HockeyHoser09 »

Look for big things out of Lee and Levine. This years Jags are senior loaded. In addition to Lee looks to be 9 seniors on the roster. All of which can play. Such seniors include forwards hovey, dupont, shupe, labombard, dieter, addyman and defensemen roberts and lakeville transfer barr. This could and may be the jags best shot for quite some time if they can put it all together. Only time will tell. <p></p><i></i>
GNHogger

Re: Jags

Post by GNHogger »

gordy's kid finally has a chance to show his stuff for blue. should be fun to watch him. can he fill connelly's skates? doubtful. <p></p><i></i>
BULLDOG 888

LAKE

Post by BULLDOG 888 »

Eastview: Has a great returning group of seniors, and a great foward in sophomore robert maloney, a few new young but very talented defenseman, and all returning goalies, 1 of which has 2 more years left, and played some great games last year. Eastview has a lot of talent, look for some solid senior leadership, however a very young defensive core which will need too step up and should. Many new fowards on the team as well who are extremely talented, and they will be a pretty good force this year, that not a lot of people would expect, they lost 6 seniors last year, but the returning players, many of which are on there 3rd year of varsity letter winners, look for gibbys squad to show some great talent, and look for Rob Maloney, Jake Machacek, Jeff Fredericksen, Artie Peckscamp, and Sean Steichen to show some great skill this season. <br><br>Apple Valley: Has 2 great defensemen in Fishcer and Medvec, and a good transfer goalie in Matt Beggs (Watch his temper though, 3 goals allowed and he blows up) other than that not much fire power in the front, only "major" returning foward is Tabor, who is about average. However they always put together a solid team, and are better than expected.<br><br>Rosemount: Should have a decent team, however new head coach and they lost there goalie, everyone says they will be good this year, but i dont believe that they will be as good as speculated.<br><br>Jefferson: Has a good group of Seniors from what i hear, it will be interesting to see what the defense does this year, and i think people will see that Austin Lee isnt as good without the tough defensive front he had in the past.<br><br>Burnsville and Chaska are looking good, last summer were tough in some tournaments, however they always are good in the summer tournaments that they have, last years chaska team however had a lot of young talent, and they are usually pretty tough, as is burnsville, who has some great returning defensemen.<br><br>Eden Prarie: will be average this year, last year they showed weakness, and this year they will show the same, however have some big kids from last years JV team. This should be a weak EP team.<br><br>Lakeville North and South: Will both be obviously below average as can be expected with the split, south should have the edge accoarding to some former lakeville players, they usually grow a lot of good goalies, and have a lot of kids in there youth programs, last year they had 400 mites alone! and it is a growing community, so they will have a lot of kids to chose from, however will have a weak season.<br><br>Eagan: Have nothing coming back, lost there goalie and fowards, as well as there so-so defenseman in a large senior class last year, will be rebuilding for a while.<br><br>kennedy: another weak season for these guys, however play a spoiler role some times, will be interesting to see who they fit in goal with the lack of impaggliazzo who struggled and was up and down all last season<br> <p></p><i></i>
jhshockey3

Re: LAKE

Post by jhshockey3 »

This year I think Jefferson is going to take the Lake Conference. Last year their team was unstoppable until it came time for state but with the return of Lee and new transfer Kevin Barr... the team should be pretty close to what they were last year. However, it will be hard for the defense to fill Connellys position. I also think EP will be a pretty difficult team to beat because their JV team was pretty decent last year... so they will be a team to watch.<br><br>GO JAGS. <p></p><i></i>