Goldsmith to Thief River Falls

State of Hockey80

Post by State of Hockey80 »

Word around Cambridge the last couple of days is that goldsmith's dad found a job up in theif and he will be moving up there with him this week. Does anyone know if this has any truth and if so how will this affect both teams. <p></p><i></i>
hockeyfreak07

Post by hockeyfreak07 »

I play for Thief and I havn't heard a thing about this guy commin up here. <p></p><i></i>
greenwave11

Goldsmith

Post by greenwave11 »

Who is Goldsmith? I have never heard of him - is this some sort of joke or what. <p></p><i></i>
Huckleberry

Goldsmith

Post by Huckleberry »

I haven't heard the rumor but if it is true, Cambridge will still be pretty solid in the net. I would guess Auth would move into the starting role. <p></p><i></i>
MnPride03

CI

Post by MnPride03 »

Not true and who are you State of HOCKEY? Plus there is no way Jerad could live away from his mom!! <p></p><i></i>
greenwave11

Goldsmith

Post by greenwave11 »

I have no idea if it is true or not but I could see a goaltender wanting to play in front of all that offense. I have no idea how good Cambridge will be but I do know Theif River Falls will be very strong. <p></p><i></i>
war hock

goldsmith

Post by war hock »

sorry, but its alil late to be transfering; the season starts next week. good try tho<br><br>-minnhock muckraker- <p></p><i></i>
greenwave11

transfer

Post by greenwave11 »

I believe you are right war hok for anyone open enrolling - but if he moved to Thief River Falls with a parent I believe he would be eligible right away. If I am not mistaken a kid from Bloomington transfered to Elk River in Mid season and was eligible right away about 3-4 years ago. We may be talking about nothing though because I have not heard from anyone in Thief River Falls confirming this. <p></p><i></i>
FlyinFinn217

ci

Post by FlyinFinn217 »

nah goldsmith is staying in cambridge <p></p><i></i>
RLStars

Re: transfer

Post by RLStars »

Greenwave, I think there is a two or three period that they sit out if it is during the season, but I'm not positive either. I think your eligible for sports if the move is before school starts. <p></p><i></i>
ezpuck

Re: transfer

Post by ezpuck »

If he is moving into the school district it would not be an open enroll situation. He would not be sitting out at all. <p></p><i></i>