Stalock!!!!

bigtime

Stalock!!!!

Post by bigtime »

Al Stalock was named the Clark Cup MVP! Unbelievable goalie who definately made the right choice by leaving South St. Paul and going on to juniors! <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

Agreed

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Alex is an unbelievable athlete between the pipes. If he went to UMD next year I think he would be the starter by mid-season, but he'll have to wait another year. <p></p><i></i>
hesabadman

Re: Agreed

Post by hesabadman »

maybe one of the most fun players to watch in high school hockey ever.....never a dull moment with him...goes to show what "playing out",then becoming a goalie can do for a guy.. <p></p><i></i>
powerhouse10

Post by powerhouse10 »

Is he going to UMD this coming season or playing in the USHL again? <p></p><i></i>
umd26mn

Post by umd26mn »

Stalock will be playing in Cedar Rapids next year. UMD already has at least 3 goalies for next year..........I don't know what Dan Carlson's plans are for next year. <p></p><i></i>
Gray Mullet

Stalock the kid that sparked State 2003-2004

Post by Gray Mullet »

No doubt Alex Stalock "stole the show" at Excel in 2003-2004. His performance against Breck for those that saw it will be talked about for a long time. This type of experience for fans and players is why we love Minnesota hockey so darn much. Now certainly USHL is a great move for young Stalock in his development. However had he remained at SSP and taken a run at a return to Excel kids and fans would not have wanted to miss this fine athlete compete. What is better for a kid to be remebered as, one of the best high school goalies ever to have played or having a few people remember you for winning the Clark cup? Could SSP have made it back to Excel in 2005-2006? That is hard to say but it sure would have been fun watching young Stalock take a shot at it...what a great player. <p></p><i></i>
Cola21

Re: Stalock the kid that sparked State 2003-2004

Post by Cola21 »

Some people have the wrong idea about Al. He has been a goalie since the time he was a mite, maybe played a handful of games skating out in his life. He's just that fun to watch because he's an unreal athlete and can do things other goalies cant. Way to go Al!!<br><br>He'll be an all-american at UMD, you heard it here first... <p></p><i></i>
slickslide

Re: Stalock

Post by slickslide »

If I was going to be senior at UMD next year and had one more chance at a final four, I would be begging Sandelin to bring him in early.<br> <p></p><i></i>